can someone tell me what chip this is?

MadMike87

buzzin 1/2 dozzen
I finally got a chance to see if I had the stock chip or not and for what I can tell its not on the top or front what ever you want to call it it says Applied tech.and accessories and has all of there info. the bottom of the chip says

Top row: HP137TX-5280
Mid. row: PitBull
Bottom row: Copyright 1989

Im guessing its an older chip but Im not sure. I was worndering if someone could tell me what its burned for stock injectors? or after market? timming? or anything else about it. thanks for your help.

Mike

I could post pics of it if it would help let me know.

nobody know ?

NOBODY knows? I dont know if this will help or not but when I was running 93 octane it would start to get a little bit of knock up top so if put some 103 octane and its perfect now. Can someone tell me what this chip is because Im thinking of getting another made for my car because i really cant affored 5 something a gallon for gas (Im only 17 and they pay me $6.50 a hour at work so my check is gone on gas before i get to have any fun or buy parts). This chip was in it when I got the car. Please help. thank for you time.

Mike

That is an ATR (Applied Technoligies & Resouces) Pit Bull chip, usually designed for 100 octane gas. ATR is out of business.

Contact Eric at turbotweak.com When you order a chip, you tell the Eric all about your car... what kind of injectors, turbo, torque converter, etc, and then he'll customize the chip for your combo. I think he gives a $5 credit for old chips to lower your cost. The cost is most likely less than a tank of gas. Good luck with your car! Paul

paul vilser said:
That is an ATR (Applied Technoligies & Resouces) Pit Bull chip, usually designed for 100 octane gas. ATR is out of business.

Contact Eric at turbotweak.com When you order a chip, you tell the Eric all about your car... what kind of injectors, turbo, torque converter, etc, and then he'll customize the chip for your combo. I think he gives a $5 credit for old chips to lower your cost. The cost is most likely less than a tank of gas. Good luck with your car! Paul
Last chip I got was about $75.

I think there was a price increase a few weeks ago. Great serivce and support.

thanks guys i think im going to try to get one for him is there any other good chips out there?

Could you post how to get ahold of them please. Thanks for you help. And who do yous guys think has the best chips? Im thinking about getting two chips one street and one race.Thanks again.

Mike

Ok how about full throttle and Joe Lubrant im guessing fullthrottle.com but not sure about Joe Lubrant? Thanks for all of your help guys.

Mike

thats a pitbull chip from applied technology.

i have the same one in my computer and bought it 7 and half yeasr ago when i purchased the car.

why would you wanna change it anyways?

i dont know if its really the same as mine ,but mine works fine and no knock with 91 -92 octane.

its not made for 100 octane,unless it has the same name as mine but different chip setting.

i get 21 pounds of boost with that, why would you go to erics performance to get a chip that gives you only 17?

Im still going to keep it but when I was running 93 you could hear it pinging up top but when I run the 103 no more pinging. so Im guessing it was set up for higher octane with more timming or something. other then that I like it but never got to compare it to a stock chip or any other. Thanks for all of your help guys.

Mike

Madmike87

if you change your chip,can you let me know wich one you bought and if it made a difference please?

Sure no problem. I might not make a decision for a week or two though. But Ill keep you posted.

Mike