Can someone help me find the #1 cam bearing mod?

PRSRIZD_V6

I have searched for 3 days on my lunch hour and at home and I still can't find it.

I'm really really really not looking for an oil system debate, simply want to know the procedure to setup the cam bearings per the motorsports manual (or maybe it was the ruggles book). I want to say it involves reclocking the oil holes and drilling a smaller hole in the #1 journal.

thanks in advance.

As long as you have a grooved block you can clock the holes wherever you want.

Keep in mind the average load is pushing the cam straight down towards the crankshaft. Install the bearings where the oil is being injected around 4:00. That way max pressure is between the bottom of the cam journal and the bearing.

If you have an ungrooved older block or a 4.1 there might be some dremel tool work to be done.

Thank you earl, I was actually hoping to catch you on this one since you've had some success with oil mods. I plan to do the front cover and oil pump per your article on the other site.

I could have sworn there was something about drilling a smaller hole than the stock one, may have involved finding a blank bearing.

I really need to find a copy of that motorsports book. (maybe thats the thread I should have started)

Thank you earl, I was actually hoping to catch you on this one since you've had some success with oil mods. I plan to do the front cover and oil pump per your article on the other site.

I could have sworn there was something about drilling a smaller hole than the stock one, may have involved finding a blank bearing.

I really need to find a copy of that motorsports book. (maybe thats the thread I should have started)
I have searched for 3 days on my lunch hour and at home and I still can't find it.

I'm really really really not looking for an oil system debate, simply want to know the procedure to setup the cam bearings per the motorsports manual (or maybe it was the ruggles book). I want to say it involves reclocking the oil holes and drilling a smaller hole in the #1 journal.

thanks in advance.

For 86&87 blocks with grove in them, order no hole bearing and drill 1/8 hole.

thanks Jeff, that's what I was looking for. Do you know the part number for the bearing with no holes? Google is failing me in this search.