can i pull the wheels?

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
well i weiht my car and it was 3280 and now i instlaed a roll bar 6 point. i was doing 1.7 60's and i was wondering waht do u guys think? will i be able to pull a wheel? there is a guy running mid 12's here with a 6 point and he pulls the wheels other then that stock suspension. also had battery in trunk. o ya my car doesnt have the ac and has a fiber galss hood.

brent
:confused: :confused:

i want to someday pull my front wheels off the ground but that will NEVER happen with a full weight car like mine!

With a trans brake and some slicks I dont see why not. Just have to beat the pants off the car.

trans brake

well some people said a t-brake will do me no good un-less i do suspension work. do u think i can do it on the foot brake. i saw a guy down here doing it?

brent

requires good traction and hard launches. I still run the stock ttype wheels on mine with the front sway bar loosened it has been 1.60 60' camcorder wasn't on that side of the car but. I may have gotten a piece of paper under the left one :D

Pulling a wheel is no easy.

It doesn't even take an especially powerful car.

You need weight transfer, traction and a high boost launch.

Oh, and the A and B pillars not tearing, which they're very likely to do if you insist on playing around with a wheels up launch, which will result in irrepairable damage.

Or maybe your 6 point will save you...

:)

Your not going to do it with 1.70 60fts. With mid 1.5s and a big boost launch you may be able to.

I agree with strikeeagle. If you want to yank the fronts then remove the front shocks and use a high boost launch. It'll prolly yank them.. People thought that the last time I went up that I was yanking them a tiny bit (I don't think I was but it may have been very close) but it was because of the sloppy front end and high boost launches more than power..

My Stang use to pull them in 3 gears about 6" (even had vids) but again it was the sloppy suspension..

ks:cool:

Kevins i am with ya' the stang used too go at least 5" about every pass. 6500RPM w/ a clutch. those were the days.......but not the comfort factor of the TR.;)

yea.. 13 years w/o AC kinda got to me.. I sure love having a car with AC for a change! lol

ks

Abuddy told me he saw light under my front ds tire on an 11.65 run. That required a 1.62 60'. That's the only time I have heard anyone say that about my car. On my 11.38 run with a 1.55 60' nobody noticed the front wheels ;)