Can I mix dex3 and dex 6?

Renthorin

Lone Wolf
going to change the filter and fluid in the pan and am reading some good things about Dex 6 synthetic fluid.

I won't be able to get all the fluid in there now out so if I switch to 6 it will become a mixture of the two.

Is that ok?

Will

According to GM,yes it can.

This is from a GM bulletin

The use of Dexron VI in place of Dexron III.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Dexron VI can be used in any proportion in past model vehicle equipped with a automatic transmission/transaxle in place of Dexron III i.e. topping off the fluid in the event of a repair or fluid change. Dexron VI is also compatible with any former version of Dexron for use in automatic transmissions/transaxles.

Dexron III must not be used in place of Dexron VI in models that specifically call for the use of Dexron VI, fluid and component life will be compromised.

DO NOT use Dexron VI in place of CVT fluid or in any component that does not specifically call for the use of Dexron III (or any former version of Dexron).

going to change the filter and fluid in the pan and am reading some good things about Dex 6 synthetic fluid.

I won't be able to get all the fluid in there now out so if I switch to 6 it will become a mixture of the two.

Is that ok?

Will

yeah it gives you dex 4.5 :cool: