Can anyone help me out with authenticating a 1987 GN?

you made out better than me, But i had a few bolt ons/ roll cage. Is it drivable the 6 hour drive back?
I'm sure it would be driveable but i wouldn't trust it.
I have a buddy with a truck and trailer that is willing to help me out.

For $6500 that doesn't look bad at all.
So what if carpet is faded. It's replaceable just like the faded drivers seat.
This is a 25 year old car. Not in a climate controlled garage, you will likely find some minor rust issues...

The doors, if they only have surface rust are fine. If they have holes, well, they can be replaced. I would also want to pull that quarter window and see what's going on with that rust bubble.

Finally, if you suspect the t-tops leaking, I'd ask about having the owner prove they don't (ie: you sit in the car and he runs a hose over all the windows.) I've seen t-tops leak and I've also seen a front windshield and rear window leak due to dried out and worn tar. This resulted in tons of pinholes all over the floor that could not be seen until the carpet was pulled.

If you're going to be looking a car, especially with t-tops, I'd see about pulling the carpet to see what the floors look like too. (can't be too safe)
Nevertheless, if the car runs and drives and looks as decent as it does in the pics and the vin numbers match where they are supposed to this does not seem like a bad deal...

Bear in mind that these cars will nickel and dime you to death so be prepared to spend money to make her 100%!

Good Luck with your purchase.

This is a 25 year old car. Not in a climate controlled garage, you will likely find some minor rust issues...

The doors, if they only have surface rust are fine. If they have holes, well, they can be replaced. I would also want to pull that quarter window and see what's going on with that rust bubble.

Finally, if you suspect the t-tops leaking, I'd ask about having the owner prove they don't (ie: you sit in the car and he runs a hose over all the windows.) I've seen t-tops leak and I've also seen a front windshield and rear window leak due to dried out and worn tar. This resulted in tons of pinholes all over the floor that could not be seen until the carpet was pulled.

If you're going to be looking a car, especially with t-tops, I'd see about pulling the carpet to see what the floors look like too. (can't be too safe)
Nevertheless, if the car runs and drives and looks as decent as it does in the pics and the vin numbers match where they are supposed to this does not seem like a bad deal...

Bear in mind that these cars will nickel and dime you to death so be prepared to spend money to make her 100%!

I had him pull up the carpet and send a pic, I believe I posted it in this thread, the t-tops will probably have some leaking issues until I replace the 25yr old seals. The window is what I'm worried about most.

I thought the engine block never had a VIN on it, just a part number. Please tell!

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Yes, the blocks have the last 6 of the vin stamped on the pad on the driver's side of the block.

block_id.jpg

Well the doors have to come off to fix the rust under the hinges. If you can see rust then theirs also rust you cant see, I found that out the hard way. How does it run, you definitly need to drive it around let it heat up before you agree on anything. Just because you drive that far dosent mean you have to buy it. I drove down 4 hrs to look at a car that was no where close to how he described it but I bought it anyway...Not to proud of that move though