Can a broken tranny mount cause trans problems?

SoCal83Turbo

I originally had transmission rebuilt (will buy a new one next time) in Oct 06. Since then I have put about 6,000 mile and have had to take the car back twice. Within this last month 1) car would not shift out of 2 gear - took it back and they stated that something was stuck in valve train. Well it happened again 2) so I took it back in with the same problem on Monday. I get a call and they said that they had to rebuild the trans again but that the problem were the Motor & tranny mounts. They said that because the mounts are defective they will not honor the warranty if they do not replace them. This is the reason I will never have a transmission rebuilt - the hassle and **** that comes with dealing with shops.

My question is since they will replace the mounts - what should I ask and state because I have a feeling they rebuilt it incorrectly and they needed to get money out of my pocket. Can the mounts cause a transmission to fail.

that is not an honest answer.tell them to post that on the forum here and explain to us how the mounts can cause the problem:biggrin: we all make mistakes,it is how we handle them that makes the difference sometimes.

Short story -- I hate customer service. I will buy a new trans next time. But with my lock i always get the defective parts and no one wants to honor. I guess living in LA is a bitch. Plus since I am no Trans mechanic I have to go with what they say.

Just an example - today I went to have my shades exchanged because the lens is peeling. I was told by the store that I should not have the shades in the sun that long. **** , did I not buy the shades for sun protection. But the excuss is that the shades are to long in the sun. What a ****ing excuss. I guess I am to old for this **** and I still treated lick a kid.........
Why can't businesses fess up to thier mistakes.

Sorry for the rant - but I paid more than 1500 for a tranny to be rebuilt and I get an excuss that a mounts was the cause of my trans problems. At my job - no matter what happened I have to say the truth is real. What happened to the customer is always right.