camshaft done!!!!

drive805

among other problems with my car just found out the camshaft wiped a lope,
Kenne belle cam with about 10k miles. Did a search but came up with generic info for a 206/206 cam, Would that a be a good cam for my set up? where would i get one? .... also budget limits to a flat tappet cam ...
mods are ported irons, walbro 340 hot wired, "009" inj, Adj FPR , turbo tweek chip , vilgilante 3k stall, turbonetics stage 3, any help would be appreciated thanks

Kenne belle cam with about 10k miles. Did a search but came up with generic info for a 206/206 cam, Would that a be a good cam for my set up? where would i get one? .... also budget limits to a flat tappet cam ...
mods are ported irons, walbro 340 hot wired, "009" inj, Adj FPR , turbo tweek chip , vilgilante 3k stall, turbonetics stage 3, any help would be appreciated thanks

how did you know your cam was wiped? symptoms? i am having problems and wanted to see if you are having the same. mine is lots of knock with a good tune at low rpms and sputtering at top. went over every possiblity with this bieng the last resort

I feel your pain. I had a cam go bad recently. My thoughts are to wait and let it sit until you can get a roller system for it. The new tappet cam will probably end up wiping a lobe out before too long. The oils today just plain do not work well. Are you using ZDDP at least? You want to use it at a bare minimum. Plus the power you will add is just plain awesome. Go for the 212 roller cam. I just put one in my car a while ago, and just love it. Very streetable and the power comes on very quickly. Look at my combo, with a little ole PT54 turbo... 10.80 and room to improve !

Good luck,
Mike

I feel your pain. I had a cam go bad recently. My thoughts are to wait and let it sit until you can get a roller system for it. The new tappet cam will probably end up wiping a lobe out before too long. The oils today just plain do not work well. Are you using ZDDP at least? You want to use it at a bare minimum. Plus the power you will add is just plain awesome. Go for the 212 roller cam. I just put one in my car a while ago, and just love it. Very streetable and the power comes on very quickly. Look at my combo, with a little ole PT54 turbo... 10.80 and room to improve !

Good luck,
Mike
Very nice! Is that on a stock bottom end as well?

Very nice! Is that on a stock bottom end as well?

Thanks...

I have 2 center billet mains and hyper pistons, I believe .020 over. Found all that out when putting cam in. I purchased the car a little over 2 years ago, knowing it was built some, but the specifics were unknown.

Mike

cam is bad because....

I know the cam is bad because lifter is concave....
i got the zppd additive but didn't add it as i was having problems and thought it was a blown head gasket and was going to add it when the car went back together...seems the erson cam is well liked i have a chance to get a comp cam is that a good cam?

I know the cam is bad because lifter is concave....
i got the zppd additive but didn't add it as i was having problems and thought it was a blown head gasket and was going to add it when the car went back together...seems the erson cam is well liked i have a chance to get a comp cam is that a good cam?

how did the car run with the bad lobe?

running....

started and ran good until you you drove it... ran like it was missing, thought it was a fouled plug.... changed plugs no difference... did a compression check had low or what i thought was low in two cylinders (125)took off heads and no problems..... getting ready to put back together checked lifters and thats when i found the bad camshaft

started and ran good until you you drove it... ran like it was missing, thought it was a fouled plug.... changed plugs no difference... did a compression check had low or what i thought was low in two cylinders (125)took off heads and no problems..... getting ready to put back together checked lifters and thats when i found the bad camshaft

thanks

Wiped out a cam as well back a few months ago and just tore it apart. This motor was freshly rebuilt back in Feb. of 09' had less than 5,000 on the build... Started with a bent push rod on the #3 cylinder parked it tore it apart to find both lifters on #3 were wiped out... I was thinking of a 212/212 cam myself and would like to buy the cam, pushrods, timing chain, lifters all in one package.