Cam sensor ?

turbo todd

Yeah its a BUICK!!
I'v seen on this board the question many times about " if your car runs better after you unplug the cam sensor, then your cam sensor is bad". Well, I want to know what if your car runs ok with it plugged up, but then runs like crap when unplugged? Is that normal? Thanks.

i would assume it would run worse
not like enough to stall or anything, but not as good is plugged in.

when the cam sensor is unplugged. the ecm doesnt recieve a signal. it basically goes into batch-fire mode
and it runs that way, and throw a error code

the cam sensor basically sets the fuel injector timing
it spins with the cam shaft and basically tells the fuel injector to start spraying when the switch is triggered.

most people just unplug it, when doing diagnostics on their car
usually to diagnose a miss or hesitation or maybe the car bucking when in gear

hope this helps

do a search for cam sesnor if u need more details :D

Thanks

Thanks, for your answer. I did a search and all I could find was about how if it ran better when unplugged it was bad. I didnt see anything about it running worst if you unplug it. I'll keep searching. Thanks, Todd.

i basically, mean, it will run better, then if the sensor was bad (unplugged)
, but if the sensor is good,
the car wont run as good as if the sensor was working and adjusted properly

alot of times, people know the sensor needs adjustment, if u can hear it ticking,

most of the time it is in the correct setting, unless people have swapped cams and had to pull it out. re-installed it, and put it in 180 degrees, the other way

what sort of problems are you having with your car?
or are ya just taking in some info and knowledge on these cars

:D

Sensor

Thanks, thats what I was looking for. I was out messing with it and thought I would unplug to see if I could hear it go into batch mode. Well I did. But she started running rough. I just thought I might have a problem. When I plugged it back up, she ran good again. Good, I should not have a problem. Thanks again, Todd.