Cam- advance or retard

TURBO D

I was just wondering if it made a difference on how it would affect spool up. I would think advancing the cam would help the engine spool up. Anyone got an opinon or has tried it ? TIA

Adancing 2 degrees may lower the power band a couple hundred or so, which would help launch, and throttle response I would think. Top end may suffer , unless you have the cam for it I suppose..
I would like to hear more cam advancing, etc, experiences from others too......

TURBO D
What turbo are you running? Let us know what the rest of your setup is. It might be a chip or tuning problem that is causing the slow spool.

Paul

I'm running a LT72 with 75# inj, ME 16 pos, Champion aluminum heads, Comp 221/221. The stall is 3500 Pro Torque. I can get up to 2800 with 8#'s boost on the trans brake. I'm thinking that I should be a little higher, like 3200 for a better 60 ft time. Before running the LT72 I had a LT 61 and a 3200 stall with the same cam. The converter was allso tight but once the rmp's got over 3000 it would spool a lot easier. I could get 16# easy on the launch and low 1.5 60's. It seems like it's hitting a wall with the LT72, and it needs a little more to get into that next power band. Thanks for the replies.