Caliper recommendation for 12" brake upgrade?

Rogue74

I apologize if this is posted somewhere, but I searched and didn't find what I needed exactly. I've got the Robert Adams 12" upgrade kit, but I want to get some dual piston calipers. I've seen the Aerospace calipers mentioned, but does anyone have any other recommendations that would bolt up to that kit? Thanks in advance.

SSBC A180-M (dual 38mm) or A185-M (dual 43mm) They are a bit spendy @ $400 for the 180's.

But it's what I'm getting for my 1LE brakes. That is LITERALLY the last part I need for my suspension, and I can drive my car again.

Ryan

I emailed SSBC a while back and they told me they didn't carry anything that would work with the 1LE rotors.

I have seen it done. Where do you think I got the idea?

They don't list it as an option, only because they haven't tested it, or seen it with their own eyes.

But think about this:

You can use standard B-body calipers with the conversion, that's the cheap and easy way to do it, right?

On the Global West site they suggest you use 70-76 F-body calipers.

If you look on the SSBC site, and look for a replacement calipers for the 1970-1976 F-body, it comes up with 2 part numbers A-180-S and A-185-S

If you look up replacement calipers for the 77-96 B-body you'll come up with A-180-M and A-185-M

S = Standard, SAE
M=Metric

Order the A-180-M or A-185-M. I guarantee it will fit.

Ryan

Ok, I just asked because I'm still learning this stuff. My dad is going to help do the conversion because he's the car guy, so basically I'm just finding and buying the right parts for now. lol

I am cheap I just bought 94 caprice calipers . with the 1LE rotors they are so much better than stock it's silly they were like $15.00 at advanced. :D

One more question. The Global West site says "The brake caliper we use are off of 1970-1976 Camaro/Firebirds. These calipers are the right width for 1LE rotors." So if you search at SSBC it comes up with A180-S and A185-S, so why should the A180-M and
A185-M fit?

The Bleeder screw, and banjo screw use METRIC threads on the -M, and SAE threads on the -S. But that doesn't change anything YOU need to be worried about. Since everything else on our cars is metric, it keeps it simple. The bolt spacing, and offsets are the same.

Ryan

I was thinking the same thing right after I posted that... Thanks. I think I'll order a set and see how they work.