cage and fuel system upgrades on my turbo G Body

quick79

Thanks to Mike at M&M Motorsports in Laverne TN. for the awesome work! Now I have to get everything painted ang get my new Dart block to the machine shop so I can get this thing out and hopefully go some 5.40's:biggrin:

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

concerning the first pic, with the cell.......what is the tubing/round stock for that is just to the left of the cell ?........nice work.

concerning the first pic, with the cell.......what is the tubing/round stock for that is just to the left of the cell ?........nice work.

That is just some 1/2" chrome moly tubing that he bent to mount the fuel cell on. Thanks for the compliments guys! I cannot wait to get it all plumbed and painted and back together!:D

Can I ask what the piece of round steel that follows the contour of the seats is for?

Good lookin stuff you got ther!!

Nice! Except the seats have to be bolted to the frame, not the rollcage...

I don't know the NHRA rule book by no means but the guy who just did my car had 2 other cars to certify 25.2 with the same seat mounts. Does anyone know what the rules state?

Roll cage is tied to the frame...your good. Every pro car I've seen has tied the seat into the roll cage. Most of those cars have plenty of bars underneath to tie into, that's not the case with stock framerail cars like yours. It'll pass

quick79

I see your car has the front roll bar coming down in front of the dash. Mine is like this too. I was wondering how hard it would be to get in and out of the car with the f/c cage around the driver and an x-brace at the door way, especially if a quick exit was ever needed. I had even thought about having the steering wheel removable to make it a little easier.