Cae is laying down over 4500 What do you think?

clean86

Car is laying down over 4500 What do you think?

Ok here is the deal, Fresh rebuild, CP pistons, comp 214, ported heads , big valves[FLOW 198,165] new lifters and pushrods,stock lenth, The valve train is loud!!!. Not at idle but just above 1500. At the track the car seems to lay down at the top of each gear a little, as it shifts the car surges foward, like i'm overreving it . It;s shifting it's self 4700. No knk at the top of each gear, o2's are 775 and egt's are 1400. I didn't change springs, builder said he checked them and they were good....????? Heads have been decked a couple of times so I think pushrod lenth may be to long, but with lifters pumped up I am at o lash with the valves closed. So I am thinking I may have two issues, bad springs, and wrong lenth pushrods. Let me know what you guys think before I go and order a bunch of parts. Thanks for any opinions.

If those were the original stock springs, that'd be my vote. Sounds exactly like weak springs,,,providing the coil pack is ok....

They are the spring comp said to use with the cam, not the stock ones. How would the coilpack cause this? Not that it isn't it just trying to learn about these cars THX

Does anyone else have an opinion on my issues? I really need some help here guy's. THX

I had a similar problem,car just wouldnt pull on the top end. turned out to be a bad coil pak. The car never missed or popped, it just layed down. new coilpak was worth .5 sec and 7mph:eek: Check with a ohm meter, should be 10-13k ohms when checked across front to back. Not a guarantee but worth a look. Good luck.

Originally posted by squeeze87
I had a similar problem,car just wouldnt pull on the top end. turned out to be a bad coil pak. The car never missed or popped, it just layed down. new coilpak was worth .5 sec and 7mph:eek: Check with a ohm meter, should be 10-13k ohms when checked across front to back. Not a guarantee but worth a look. Good luck.

Good idea, we will check coil pack and module with a Casper's tester. Bring it over.

Does anyone else have any ideas about this. Any other opinions would be great. I checked the coilpack 12.5 on them all.Hoping that was it but no luck. Does anyone know where I can get a tool to check the springs on the car?THX Guys