BYE BYE Metal Vacuum Lines

I don’t have any vacuum lines on my car well that you can see except the fuel reg. I don’t have a charcoal canister never had one when I bought the car it had a small filter on the vent line and that’s it I’ve never had a problem with gas vapor that I have noticed but then I don’t pop the hood every time I get in the car even after it sat for a winter It didn’t have a vapor problem that I noticed.

I think I'm going to ditch the charcoal canister. That leaves me an open port for a push lock fitting for the boost gauge.;)

If I need to replace any of the plastic lines can I use synflex from local semi-truck supply house?

yes you can you can also get it from granger I bought 25 ft of it on line for $15 and I paid around $25 for the fitting I used. The 6 port vacuum block was around $50.

Here is how mine is set up
vacuumnew.jpg

Progress continues! Now for a trip to the parts store for fittings.

Attachments

• pushlock3 006.jpg
    pushlock3 006.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 634
This is very common these days and also is a great thing to add in if you have an external gate with npt.

i agree with bison, went with all air brake hose and fittings once i installed my external gate and ams. only thing i didnt do was the fuel regulator but its done and sitting here next to me. just have to install it on the car next time i see it. anyways this is a good thing for most people to do.

Looks good blackgn1, I have had push locks for about a year, Incase you want to use it for PCV valve you can get a 90* push lock fitting for the vacuum block that uses 1/2 push lock hose and the 1/2 inch hose will slide down tight over the pcv valve nipple.

Got the vac lines finished up. Here's my take on the kit. I always had high(very high) idle 02's. Even after replacing lines several times. Started the car tonight and the idle 02's are perfect. Engine bay is cleaner. I have a much safer setup with push lock fittings. The engine looks more race car than stock. I like that since it never looked stock since the engine build. I give vacuum line kit it two thumbs up!

Got the vac lines finished up. Here's my take on the kit. I always had high(very high) idle 02's. Even after replacing lines several times. Started the car tonight and the idle 02's are perfect. Engine bay is cleaner. I have a much safer setup with push lock fittings. The engine looks more race car than stock. I like that since it never looked stock since the engine build. I give vacuum line kit it two thumbs up!

More than likely you had a metal line that was cracked somewhere. :mad: The kit is nice and I will surely put one on the GN. The White car just got a new set of silicon hoses and wire ties out the ying yang, it seems to be happier :)