Buy a new Mustang GT with 727 hp from a Dealership in Ohio for under $40K

That's at the wheels, right? Auto trans? You are still coming up short, but maybe not by as much as you think. Not sure what the power loss of the drivetrain is on that, but my guess is that if true engine HP was 727, then you would be right around 600 or so to the wheels on a conservative dyno.

Drivetrain loss is probably less than it was so the "old standard" of 20% could be around 15% now, just a guess though.

That's at the wheels, right? Auto trans? You are still coming up short, but maybe not by as much as you think. Not sure what the power loss of the drivetrain is on that, but my guess is that if true engine HP was 727, then you would be right around 600 or so to the wheels on a conservative dyno.
rear wheels. 6 speed manual.The tech shut it down when he hit the red line.She was still pulling hard at that point.Redline was 6800.Could of gone to 7200.

Sometimes things are too good to be true.

Fwiw you can easily obtain that number switching to a reputable tuner. My 2015 twin turbo mustang made 800 at the tire. It had a bone stock engine except I installed billet oil pump gears and crank gear.

Another dealer selling the same package. They had one of their cars on the dyno. Achieves a max 583Hp and max 478Tq. Explain it as a 20% drivetrain loss.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 61
On these new blown mustangs you can swap out the lower crank hub for more boost, and not even need to retune it because they have enough injector to support more power

I'm positive that they sold you a 2.3 TVS that makes over 700 to the wheels, if you want nasty, put long tubes, methanol, retune it and make what ever power you feel comfy at

Have you had the chance to race at the track as is? Race a hellcat yet?

My non blown mustang kicks ZL1s to the curb.
The mustang does have that weight advantage, so possibly you have a hellcat killer and just don't know it

Make sure you race a stock one ;)

Did you buy the ford racing rear half shafts yet?

727 hp is 620 to the wheels or so depending on auto/stick. I had a 2012 with a 2.3 Rousch blower with headers, heat exchanger, T-56 Magnum, Alluminator motor, Eaton tru track, F1 Forgestars, every suspension mod u can think of and a kick ass stereo and it made 720 to the wheels and I bought it used for $30k with 8k miles on it. crashed it two weeks after I bought it and bent the frame after hitting the Belgian block curb lol but I wasn't upset at all to be honest. insurance paid it off and I'm back to the GN...... it just wasn't for me.

Prob had $35k into it. you can buy them used for $10k less then the one for sale with a hellova a lot more shit done to it. for the price of that blower there are Turbo kits out there that are way more efficient.

there are millions of Mustangs for sale with crazy work done to them and u basically pay the same price as it books out for stock! NEVER buying a stick shift car again tho. wat a PITA! too old to be shifting gears in traffic.

horrible gas mileage tho. I averaged 12.8 mpg!

Attachments

• IMG_2051.jpg
    IMG_2051.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
any idea wat the new motors can hold stock? I was told 700 is about as far as ud want to go. I know the auto trans has gone mid 9's stock!

On these new blown mustangs you can swap out the lower crank hub for more boost, and not even need to retune it because they have enough injector to support more power

I'm positive that they sold you a 2.3 TVS that makes over 700 to the wheels, if you want nasty, put long tubes, methanol, retune it and make what ever power you feel comfy at

The mustang does have that weight advantage, so possibly you have a hellcat killer and just don't know it

No track . Half shafts done.Cat back exhaust done.

any idea wat the new motors can hold stock? I was told 700 is about as far as ud want to go. I know the auto trans has gone mid 9's stock!
Hmmm. How much power can they hold? LOL but for how long?? Once twice idk. I've seen over 1300 hp on the stock motors, unopened dyno queens. So the late 14s got the 15s motors and a few guys have ran high 8s with turbo kits, unopened and cars not gutted. I know there's a guy on YouTube JUIC3D that was running really good into the 8s before he ate the wall with the rear of the car, then tore the motor out, all on video, just to prove how stock it was and making over 1100 hp
Now he has one with a built motor, power glide and running 7s. Its pretty bad ass. I want to put a coyote in my marauder!! But way too much $$$$$.$$

I drove down to Miami from Kansas City and picked this up for my dad. A four door 2004 cobra ;)

I went 9.50's several times on a bone stock 2015 engine. I added the necessary billet oil pump and crank gear. It's not even a challenge to make a coyote fast.