Burnouts

Cruzbear

I have little experience at the track looking at doing a little more this year. Can you guys tell me how to do a good burnout?

Thats a loaded question lots of variables tire brand,size,compound,air pressure,track condition, etc
Do the search on tires used by others on board as starting point.

Having line loc is handy. No wear or heating on rear brakes and you can control your burnout better.

My rear tires are 325/50/15 MT ET streets, I have a line lock

Drive around the waterbox if you can at your track. Back into the waterbox, usually the track guy will tell you when to stop and pull forward. Once he tells you to stop the 2nd time. Apply the brakes, set the line lock, take your foot off the brakes, apply throttle until you heat the tires up to desired level. Release the line lock and pull forward, prestage, stage wait for the light and let er rip!

Be careful not to overheat ET Streets. I did a John Force burnout last time at the track, and other guys said I heated them too much. They said drag slicks are a different compound and I would not have had issues. Just my .02, I may be incorrect, not to mention I heated turbo more than needed.