Bunch of brake quetions....and some suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a quick weight :)

This does not include our aluminum bracket, hardware or pads... but this gives you a good idea.
Good info to have! I scaled my car before with the stock brakes now all I have to do is scale it again with the new BAER brakes and we will have a true weight comparison with everything in place.

SW.

Is it correct to say the SS4 is a 4 piston caliper compared to the stock 2 piston caliper? twice the stopping power.

Can you give us a rough idea of the weight savings of the Baer system with the hubs vs the stock caliper?
So my old setup consisted of the following (I'm leaving out the LCAs because they basically didn't change):
GW UCAs with ball joint: 8.8lbs x2 = 17.6lbs
B-Body spindles and hub: 18.6 x2 = 37.2lbs
Baer rotors: 19.6 x2 = 39.2lbs
Baer calipers with mounting brackets: 9.8 x2 = 19.6lbs

Total weight for old setup: 113.6lbs

My new setup:
SPC stage 2 arms with ball joint: 6.6 x2= 13.2lbs
Stock spindles: 12.4 x2 = 24.8lbs
AFCO rotor and hub: 16.6 x2 =33.2lbs
Stock caliper: 8.2 x2 =16.4lbs

Total weight for new setup: 87.6lbs thats a savings of 26lbs!

These were the PBR 4 piston BAER calipers that came on the older slotted and vented rotors.

So hopefully that gives you some idea of the weights. I have pictures in this thread:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...spindles-rotors-calipers-i-recently-took.html

I agree,

There are "Several" companies out there that sell products that correct the geometry short comings of the G-Body suspension. Like Kyle Tucker (owner of DSE) for example he is a former GM Engineer who today carries his knowledge over into his products to correct many of those short comings into a complete package that "Works" and that is "Proven" on the track by Many of their customers. He is also very close friends with Mark Stielow (who was also a GM Engineer) and wrote a book called "Pro-Touring" Engineered Performance where Kyle and DSE are mentioned quite a bit on how they correct geometry issues with their products. Same can be said for Hotchkis and Ridetech Etc. who are selling their products to customers that are competing against them and Beating them with their own products, To Me, It don't get more proven than that! In today's time we shouldn't be narrow mined when it comes to suspensions for our G-Bodies, with new technology comes new designs and new products that do very well in correcting geometry short comings.

If DSE is so innovative, we should probably call Teraflex and ask them why their control arms look so similar to the DSE ones, but were made 10 years ago. Thats such a weird coincidence, don't you think?

Also weird why hotchkis's bar looks a lot like Hellwigs, except Hellwigs came out far beforehand.

Maybe I just see coincidences, or maybe something else is going on?

I'm curious to what CAD programs and design technology DSE uses to simulate real-world functionality in their products? Maybe sharing that information might lend us more insight into the design differences between DSE and other companies.

If DSE is so innovative, we should probably call Teraflex and ask them why their control arms look so similar to the DSE ones, but were made 10 years ago. Thats such a weird coincidence, don't you think?

Also weird why hotchkis's bar looks a lot like Hellwigs, except Hellwigs came out far beforehand.

Maybe I just see coincidences, or maybe something else is going on?

I'm curious to what CAD programs and design technology DSE uses to simulate real-world functionality in their products? Maybe sharing that information might lend us more insight into the design differences between DSE and other companies.

I find it interesting that you've brought up Teraflex here in comparison to a car chasis suspension design. The reason I find it interesting is because Teraflex makes exclusively four wheel drive chasis parts, and specializes in Jeeps. Am I missing something here?:confused: And no, they've never made parts for other than four wheel drive vehicles to the best of my knowledge.:biggrin:

TeraFlex Online Store - Upgrade your Jeep | TeraFlex Suspensions

I also find it interesting that one person that's using DSE parts as well as one of the guys that works for Baer directly is here answering questions and no one from SC&C is here. We'd welcome Mark on the board to answer questions about the products he markets but doesn't make or have the qualifications to make himself just to see what he can actually tell us about the products he's pushing.

He doesn't make the products or design them himself in any way, shape, form, or fashion so he's just trying to sell parts that you can find from other sources for less than he sells them. I know this because I did a search the other day and found the upper control arms for a G body that he sells for more than $100 less than he sells them.:biggrin:

Where about would that be?

On the control arms Pronto? Spend the time and do a little searching or you can give me you're zip and I'll give you a total for shipping and I'll make a little at the same time.:biggrin: If you want to call BS all I'll say is I found it and one other member knows about it as well.:)

There is (or at least was) an SC&C employee on this board... they aren't a supporting vendor though.

People get over-committed to a specific vendor, and feel they need to be on the offensive against others. I got tagged as an "SC&C lover" earlier in this thread. When I was shopping for aftermarket suspension parts 6 years ago, there weren't that many options out there, and very few people were even considering trying to make a G-body handle. Mark had a website with Suspension Analyzer plots on it that showed front suspension in stock configuration, Stage 1, Stage 2, and his G-5 package that used C-5 spindles to put a killer front suspension and brake package on a G-body. It was expensive at the time, but rather groundbreaking for what the aftermarket had available. The data was right there, and if you called him, you got straight answers that would allow you to make your car the best it could be, within your budget. He would often have call backlogs of hours, and would call me back at 7 pm to chat for a half hour, with still more customer calls to make that evening. He spent a lot of time pushing the aftermarket companies (SPC, Spohn, etc...) to produce parts that work on G-bodies, and put the kits together to create bolt on packages. I have not bought everything on my car through him, essentially just a Stage 2 front kit and some Currectracs.

Seeing DSE expand their product line to the G-body platform was a great addition. DSE knows what they are doing... it's obvious b/c they demonstrate their products on various test cars, and their stuff is built to work and last. You pay more money because of the research and development put into the product. I wish their information on rates and geometry was more available, but it's the way they do business and set up their website, and I can respect that with the way the world works these days in terms of stealing information. The off-road guys have had polymer isolated swivel arms for a long time, and the technology has been trickling down to the car market for some time now. I can tell you that all the arms are not created equal. My rear lowers are a set of Currectracs... I have a set of upper arms from another company using the same "style" joint on the frame side, and I am less than thrilled with the slop starting to form in the joint after 3 years (and only 3k miles), while the Currectracs feel the same as when I bought them. When you buy from the high end companies like Currie, DSE, etc... some engineer has better experience with selecting the right materials, clearances, preload, and greasing system to make sure it works.

On the extreme end, Art Morrison was supposedly building a custom G-body full chassis, I haven't looked for updates in a while, but that should be pretty slick when finished.

My main point is, sometimes you pay more for customer service, information, tech support, research & development, etc... I'm obviously one of the "outsiders" on this board b/c my car isn't a TR, nor is it TR powered. However, there's been a lot of good discussion and information here about the G-body platform in general, and it's nice to see more braking, handling, and autocrossing discussing coming back up again. I'm done ranting, carry on... :D

While I'll agree that all the companies out there are getting better at suppling parts for a G body chasis there really has been more parts out there than most realize. The problem is most of the guys looking for the parts have been looking for a specific design and not realizing that the people that they were looking for didn't have the parts. As an example to the SPC upper control arms, look at the actual design. They were made originally over 20 years ago for another application.:eek: Then coppied for the current design.

How can I say this? Because I do more than drag, street, dirt track, or road racing. You have to look at more than one design to figure out what you want and how you intend to use it. You will see some guys using tubular upper and lower control arms and others say they're not needed. For the average driver they're not. The rigidity and weight savings aren't that great but there are other benifits to them.This isn't discussed with most of the people trying to get you to buy parts. After all most of them are just trying to get you to buy parts. That's how they make the money after all.:)

As an example, I'm adding a link to a bunch of different control arms that can be either used as they were made or adapted to the chasis with very little work. What you may see isn't what you expect but I think you'll see how simular they are to some of the current designs that are offered by after market companies. This isn't to say that the companies that offer direct bolt on parts are bad or good, but you can either rely on one persons opinion or actually take the time and do the research on the parts out there.

That's one of the biggest problems I've seen with "hot rod" guys. They will follow some one else's ideas and aren't willing to look at the best possible way to get the performance that they want, and then bitch when the vehicle doesn't perform the way they want. You can't take what any one says at face value until you're willing to take the time to do the research on your time and come to your own conclusion!

Now that my rant is done here's a link for you to look at.:biggrin:

Race Chassis A-Arms, A-Frames, Struts - Speedway Motors, America's Oldest Speed Shop

You are missing something. Teraflex came up with the design for the CAs to pivot in the center, then DSE came out with their UCAs in the rear and claimed it was so innovative... 360 degrees of articulation! Because our rearends move 360degrees.. yea..

Do some research. They STOPPED making the design DSE used because they found a method they felt worked better. Why have 3 pivot points and complicate the geometry vs. 2 on 1 control arm. Not only that, but it makes no sense to promote it pivoting in the center when it ultimately has the pickup point at the mounting hole.

You wouldn't welcome Mark on the board. Just like I've been told that a certain vendor is pissy that I mention a company that sells other products that many have come to view as more desirable.

Where are DSE's CAD designs? Where are the data logs from their in-house testing? How did they arrive at their decision to market the products they do? 850$ for rear UCA and LCAs??! You kidding me?! I understand not wanting people to steal your design (even if you stole it from a company that came out with it 10 years ago) however you can at least show us the programs you use or simulations youve done to justify your designs.

People have been banned for promoting SC&C because they sell products others view as more desirable than overpriced run-of-the-mill stuff.

I have no doubts the SPC 2 arms original design was taken from something else. That doesn't matter that it was for another car. They still had to reconfigure and design it to work for the Gbody chassis.

If you really feel like you know more than Markus then go ahead and call him, or go on Protouring.com and confront him there. Or you might want to call Hellwig, SPC, Spohn and ask them why they give him credit for helping design products when "he doesn't design anything".

Just from what you've said I can tell you've never spoken to him. He doesn't try to sell you anything, and explains every part of the design process and why they did it that way.

As for SC&C selling parts that are more expensive.... you're telling me 850$ for rear UCA and LCAs isn't incredibly expensive? Mark never says you have to buy from him, and even will tell you places to get other similar stuff cheaper. He doesn't have to sell you on his products, because people know they work. I didn't buy my hellwig bar from him or my rear UCAs, but I did buy my SPC arms from him, although you could get them from jegs for a similar product cheaper: Specialty Products 94331 SPC Pro Series Control Arms

Why do you think Hellwig brings fake products to the shows? Because other companies copy their designs... Don't believe me? Ask around.

You ever think what a coincidence it was that DSE had a "test vehicle" once Scott became a vendor? What were they testing on before he came along? How many races was Scott competing in before he became a vendor for DSE? Would be quite interesting if he got free parts from DSE, then became a vendor, and because he got those free parts and drives his car, that qualifies DSE to say "we test all our products on our own cars", wouldn't it? I wonder if that might just be the case... I'm curious how many test vehicles DSE has. How they came up with their design configurations. How they figure 850$ for a design that came out 10 years ago and they call it superior to johnnie joints/roto joints is justified?

Maybe I wonder a lot.

Or maybe other people are getting free parts and its in their best interest to attack anyone that threatens their livilihood? Maybe they feel regret or ashamed for betraying those that have helped them in the past? Maybe people shouldn't feel so threatened when someone gives their opinion about another product?

A lot of maybes here.

I find it interesting that you've brought up Teraflex here in comparison to a car chasis suspension design. The reason I find it interesting is because Teraflex makes exclusively four wheel drive chasis parts, and specializes in Jeeps. Am I missing something here?:confused: And no, they've never made parts for other than four wheel drive vehicles to the best of my knowledge.:biggrin:

TeraFlex Online Store - Upgrade your Jeep | TeraFlex Suspensions

I also find it interesting that one person that's using DSE parts as well as one of the guys that works for Baer directly is here answering questions and no one from SC&C is here. We'd welcome Mark on the board to answer questions about the products he markets but doesn't make or have the qualifications to make himself just to see what he can actually tell us about the products he's pushing.

He doesn't make the products or design them himself in any way, shape, form, or fashion so he's just trying to sell parts that you can find from other sources for less than he sells them. I know this because I did a search the other day and found the upper control arms for a G body that he sells for more than $100 less than he sells them.:biggrin:

SC&C is not a vendor here... It seems like, from my brief skim through, they are getting a "bump" here... Please support the guys that keep this place going...

You are missing something. Teraflex came up with the design for the CAs to pivot in the center, then DSE came out with their UCAs in the rear and claimed it was so innovative... 360 degrees of articulation! Because our rearends move 360degrees.. yea..

Do some research. They STOPPED making the design DSE used because they found a method they felt worked better. Why have 3 pivot points and complicate the geometry vs. 2 on 1 control arm. Not only that, but it makes no sense to promote it pivoting in the center when it ultimately has the pickup point at the mounting hole.

You wouldn't welcome Mark on the board. Just like I've been told that a certain vendor is pissy that I mention a company that sells other products that many have come to view as more desirable.
Nice post Mark! I see you are resorting to bashing and trying to discredit someone who done nothing to you nor ever said a bad thing about you or your products.. Nice way to conduct yourself in such a professional manner but since you brought my name into this via another member and you attempted to discredit Myself and DSE I will be more than happy to take the time to put out the Truth so other members don't continue to get brainwashed with your misinformation and professional business tactics..

I think You & Mark are also missing something here! Why was "innovative" even brought up? Why was what DSE, hotchkis, helwig even brought up into this mans thread? Just curious why all the bashing and trying to prove who stole what has become part of this thread? Childish if you ask me.... Funny how I don't bash and never did bash SC&C or the products but still I end up getting it from him and his people who like to come here and "Promote" him and his products...

Where are DSE's CAD designs? Where are the data logs from their in-house testing? How did they arrive at their decision to market the products they do? 850$ for rear UCA and LCAs??! You kidding me?! I understand not wanting people to steal your design (even if you stole it from a company that came out with it 10 years ago) however you can at least show us the programs you use or simulations youve done to justify your designs.
Like DSE would show you or Mark their CAD designs! LOL Their winning on all the Auto-X / Road courses all across the country Proves their testing, Period! Where is SC&C? Where is SPC at these events that showcase their prodcuts and prove they work?

Here is one for you, I called John Fay of the fays2 watts link himself and spoke to him about buying the watts link for the g-body. I told him that I was interested in buying it but I was kind of skeptical over a $600 price tag and was wondering if there has been any testing to prove that it worked like people "SAY" it does. I asked if there are any before & after video's of it on a g-body or any suspension dyno results or testing that proves it to work..John's reply was "NO, we don't have any kind of testing done for the g-body but if you call Mark at SC&C he can tell you more about it than me" I was kind of shocked to here the owner and the man who makes it not know more than Mark and have no testing done on the Fays watts link..

People have been banned for promoting SC&C because they sell products others view as more desirable than overpriced run-of-the-mill stuff.
Not sure about people getting banned but they have been told NOT to promote ANY company. Promoting is the same as advertising here or anywhere else and what those people do not understand is it's not me that get's pissed It's the owner because people are breaking the board rules.. Hell I went through this myself when I started selling LED taillights and even though NO other vendor here sold LED's I was targeted as PROMOTING a product that was being sold and instead of pointing fingers, accusing people of this or that, I just paid my dues and became a vendor just like everyone else.

I have no doubts the SPC 2 arms original design was taken from something else. That doesn't matter that it was for another car. They still had to reconfigure and design it to work for the Gbody chassis.
So if the products sc&c sells were also taken from someone else why is it you or Mark feel the need to bash others for doing Exactly what he did years ago? IF DSE took the design from Terraflex (keep in mind your post above) and re-designed it to fit the application of cars instead of Jeeps or 4X4's so IF this is true then they done EXACTLY what Mark did years ago! Why is it no one is on public forums pointing fingers at him for copying? Cause no one cares like Mark does! It's okay for him but not for others?

Mark never says you have to buy from him, and even will tell you places to get other similar stuff cheaper. He doesn't have to sell you on his products, because people know they work.
The same goes for me, I never tell anyone to buy from me and I stop people all the time from buying stuff they don't need. I nor do DSE have to sell you on these products because the "Products" sell them selves along with the accomplishments of each customer out there Proving that the products work.. Curious to know how his customers "Know" they work?

You ever think what a coincidence it was that DSE had a "test vehicle" once Scott became a vendor?
Shows what people really know and since this is the belief out there being spread around I will be more than happy to shed some TRUE light to this comment.... DSE had a test car (Monte Carlo SS) LONG before my car even came into the picture that ALL of their G-Body line of products were tested on. They were tested on their MCSS long before ever going into production and my car came along AFTER the production of the parts Only to be used as the Test car for fitment on the Buick Regals as there are some differences between the two with the turbo cars. Our car was used in their catalog as it was more photogenic at the time seeing the DSE MCSS test car wasn't ready to be in a catalog..

What were they testing on before he came along?
Their own MCSS test car! Just because the DSE's G-Body line came out with our car pictured in the catalog doesn't mean that our car was the ONLY test car... This is a Perfect example of how rumors get started and BS get's spewed all over the place... Get the Facts straight before bashing on people or other company's!!

How many races was Scott competing in before he became a vendor for DSE?
Don't know why I have to defend myself here but since this is obviously a personal issue with someone I will clear the air in hopes that this BS stops being spread around like a 10yr old would do... I have been to a bunch as a matter of fact and was Autocrossing my old GN well before Kyle even came out with the G-Body products! But yes I still consider myself a Novice at Auto-X and still learning.

I was holding this information back out of respect for Mark and his company but since I am shown no respect I will let everyone in on something.. I can tell you at the last Pro-touring event (RTTH7) I competed against 3-4 cars that were equipped with SC&C products, stage 2 and all the goodies that correct the geometry the correct or Only way and take a guess what the outcome was? Yep, this Novice Beat every one with the DSE equipped 3,600lb Buick 6-cylinder Brick! And I even run just the regular DSE gas replacement shocks - No Coil overs! No AFX spindles!! Pretty good huh?

Would be quite interesting if he got free parts from DSE, then became a vendor, and because he got those free parts and drives his car, that qualifies DSE to say "we test all our products on our own cars", wouldn't it?
I would if that was true but this is just another one of those lies being spread around simply because people have no clue.. Look for one minute at ANY Pro-touring event and you will see DSE, Hotchkis, Ridetech, and others TESTING their products every weekend all year long. Where is SC&C at these events? Where is SC&C at SEMA showcasing their new products?

I wonder if that might just be the case... I'm curious how many test vehicles DSE has.
I will be happy to help you out with that since again you don't know.... Here is a link to all the DSE test cars pictured... Detroit Speed, Inc. - Product Applications

I'm completely Disgusted in the actions shown here by a business man and people who only believe what they hear or read in a book. These internet forums and some of the people that periodically pop up just leave me disgusted to say the least. There are obvious ulterior motives and obvious internal issues with some that need help. To me there is No Other place that Proves how well ANY product works than on the track! That is where the BS stops and the proof begins so please people, take some time and look around and see what company's are doing with their products before you decide on your purchase. I never tell anyone they have to buy from us. I just like seeing a person out there having fun with their car and using it for what it was built for, I could care less who's products are under it as long as they work for him and they are happy doing it.. I could care less who copied who, I could care less about all that childish discrediting crap...

I think it's only fair that these posts get sent to the respectful owners of these companies so that they know who and what is being said about their company.

Have a nice day,
Scot W.

Too much drama for us regular members that just want to get some info so they can make informed decisions on how to improve the their cars suspension.

Too much drama for us regular members that just want to get some info so they can make informed decisions on how to improve the their cars suspension.
I completely agree and I personally apologize for getting off track on this discussion but when such false accusations are presented one has to finally defend himself..

Again I apologize to the original poster for polluting his thread....

Scot W.

I apologize. I get frustrated sometimes when things are, in my opinion, misconstrued. I should not be continuing this drama, and it is my fault for turning this thread into it. I just want others to know that there are other products out there.

Look at engine builders-they use parts from many manufacturers, not just 1-because no 1 company makes the best at everything.

SC&C is not a vendor here... It seems like, from my brief skim through, they are getting a "bump" here... Please support the guys that keep this place going...

If my "bump" you mean "I really like their company and understand why they came up with their products and believe it them. So I'm going to let others know about this cool company, because it is my opinion(keyword here) that these products are very good, and affordable." I don't want people sacrificing performance just to support a vendor.

Would you stop someone from speaking their mind? I don't think I even stated that "X" is better than "Y" and that is a fact, I did state that it was my opinion. I know you need money to support this board, and with the economy the way it is, you want to protect your livelihood. Where do we draw the line between allowing free speech and opinion (within certain parameters) and simply silencing the competition so that those who come here for genuine input are only given a few select options? What can and cannot we say about other companies? What if I start paying you and become a "vendor", could I talk about SC&C and not worry about being accused of having ulterior motives?

In psychology you learn that those who accuse others of something when there is nothing really happening are often the ones who are guilty of something themselves. Often it rings "too close to home" and their defense mechanisms appear in an attempt to distract any real progress from being made. Not saying this about you SGRIM, but rather others that sometimes appear hostile.

Scott- I'm not going to address your post. It is going to lead to nowhere. I am in no way affiliated with SC&C. I would doubt if they even remember me. I don't get any free parts. I don't get any discounts. I pay full cost, and I enjoy my products. I'm simply a young man who is very enthusiastic about a company that helped me. They saved me money, didn't try to sell me everything under the sun, and explained exactly why (not just the "pamphlet" explanations, but actually the geometry and physics issues) this product would work, and even suggested other products that might get the job done for cheaper. I respect that, and I will try to support them whenever I get the chance.

Just to clarify I'm not Mark, here is a picture of me, so you can see the difference between what Mark looks like, and what I do...quite a difference there.. So you don't need to keep accusing me of secretly being Mark. Theres plenty of people on this board who will reaffirm that I'm just a young kid that is truly appreciative of the help he receives.

Attachments

• me on engine.jpg
    me on engine.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 147

I can't agree with you more Pronto. I do apologize if this confuses the issues to some degree. It also shows that someone that's read one book and has no field experience on how things work can post misinformation about how they work. I'm not perfect but I do have a lot of time under my belt figuring out what does and doesn't work.

I really do suggest that you do a lot of reading on the subject of suspension design in relation to roll center, CG, and IC placement. I know that I can come off as an ass sometimes myself but it's because of missinformation that I act this way. Education is very important to understand the relation and nature of chasis design and how to make it work for you in the desired way. Reading one book and following it exclusively is about as bright as voting for one political group exclusively. It only proves that you aren't willing to do the work to understand the relationship that the parts have to work under. :)

Either that or you're just not bright enough to realize that one person alone doesn't know all the answers, I know that I don't know all of them though.:biggrin:

I know autoXing is the new rage. I'm not interested in it. I'm going to eventually have my car run in the mid 10s. I want it to stop good and handle better than it does now. I would also like to find a few ways to lose some weight in the suspension/brakes/rims since I'm going to freshen them up after 25 years of stockdum. My big concerns are using parts that will allow 15" rims so I can keep the tires/rims I have at least for now. I do like 17" rims but they are not good for the drags. If I could afford 2 sets then I'ld get a "show" set of 17s and the a drag only lightweight set. The 17" rims I like go for $1k each. The 15s go for 275. So ya cost does come crashing down on you. Add in the cost of the suspension parts (which you can go crazy on) and you're looking at a total package of brakes, suspension, rims and tires north of $10k! I just can't do that. Not that I won't spend coin on the right parts, it's just figuring out what is needed and what is not. I do like seeing and hearing about all the different brands even ones that are not from "vendors". I wish they all were vendors so we wouldn't have all this b/s. Even the vendors we have sell at least 4 different brands of suspension parts, some selling 2 or more. So how do you figure out what to spend on if people can't discuss the options and benifits of each regardless of who sell it? Gets frustrating.

I have to say this about censoring people from talking about parts from non vendors-it gets silly. Members buy stuff at Auto Zone, NAPA, etc and then post they got this starter from here or that bushing from there even though a "vendor" might have those parts. No body jumps down on them for mentioning those places. How about Jegs and Summit? See posts about them and they are not squished either. But yet it seems if certain parts from certain places are mentioned by certain people then the claws come out. On the other hand if certain people give a link to a non vendor then it's OK for them. I just don't get it, well actually I do. Depends on if you're in the "in" crowd. Maybe it would be better if we had to pay a membership and have no fee for vendors to advertise. I dunno.
Off my soapbox and back to the discusion of suspensions.

I have to say this about censoring people from talking about parts from non vendors-it gets silly. Members buy stuff at Auto Zone, NAPA, etc and then post they got this starter from here or that bushing from there even though a "vendor" might have those parts. No body jumps down on them for mentioning those places. How about Jegs and Summit? See posts about them and they are not squished either. But yet it seems if certain parts from certain places are mentioned by certain people then the claws come out. On the other hand if certain people give a link to a non vendor then it's OK for them. I just don't get it, well actually I do. Depends on if you're in the "in" crowd. Maybe it would be better if we had to pay a membership and have no fee for vendors to advertise. I dunno.
Off my soapbox and back to the discusion of suspensions.

It's not so much mentioning a part as it is promoting a part or business as "the best way to go". That's the catch here. I know that I've posted quite a bit of info for others to show that you can get the parts from other sources, but I don't harp on it or state that they're the best place for info ect. I, like you, am looking for the best deal out there.:biggrin:

I don't know if you remember Powerbrakebob or not but he would pop into brake threads every now and then to promote his business. He would state that he had the best info and the best parts, and that others had ripped him off when it came to rebuilding hydroboost systems ect. He was asked several times to cease and desists or become a vendor. Needless to say he didn't and he was banned finally because of the way he approached the board and his posts.:)

That's where the line is drawn when it comes to posting info. Someone that blantently posts an overly biased opinion about a product or business will get into trouble every time it's done.:)

It's not so much mentioning a part as it is promoting a part or business as "the best way to go". That's the catch here. I know that I've posted quite a bit of info for others to show that you can get the parts from other sources, but I don't harp on it or state that they're the best place for info ect. I, like you, am looking for the best deal out there.:biggrin:

I don't know if you remember Powerbrakebob or not but he would pop into brake threads every now and then to promote his business. He would state that he had the best info and the best parts, and that others had ripped him off when it came to rebuilding hydroboost systems ect. He was asked several times to cease and desists or become a vendor. Needless to say he didn't and he was banned finally because of the way he approached the board and his posts.:)

That's where the line is drawn when it comes to posting info. Someone that blantently posts an overly biased opinion about a product or business will get into trouble every time it's done.:)

If someone posts information about a product, and makes it clear that it is their opinion, then the responsibility to verify their opinion is on the reader. If someone posts opinion as fact, then there is an issue. However if it is clearly stated that the views expressed are a matter of personal opinion, then to blame that individual is simply irresponsible. Everything is opinion with car parts when you really boil it down. If someone takes 1 person's word as gold them it is on them for being ignorant and not looking further into the matter.

Conflicting opinions and views can coexist with one another, provided it is made clear that these are matters of opinion.

I think it is good to promote other companies if they sell a product a vendor does not. Hopefully the vendor will either pick up that companies line so we may purchase from them. But to sacrifice performance in the name of making sure those who pay to be "in" are taken care of vs. allowing others to view a comparable, and in their mind/opinion, equally as good part, is ludicrous.

Its like Brave New World-if you fundamentally limit your possible options then your chance for conscious expansion is greatly decreased.

Marley do you have a damn clue on what your talking bout?

I can build a set of control arms and I can build a set that is going to look every damn bodys shiut out there building tubes for these cars dumbass. Im a certed welder and have no problem proving what I said in every set of tube arms are going to be he ****ing same.

All you need is a jig in which I have...

however scot and charlie are very konwledgeable in makeing this work for them so sit back stfu and listen and learn to the people that are willing to test their cars and been around for a ****ing minute you dumbass.

thread close.

thank you im drunk

and if you dont believe come race my buick that charlie has blessed...

NO disrepect Scot W. or Uncle Charlie just sayin.

I myself am curious of what the benefit of aftermarket front control arms are. I know dirt and autocross is a bit different but my friend runs hobby stock with stock control arms and wins a lot of races. Just runs moroso springs and bilstein shocks

Status
Not open for further replies.