Bunch of brake quetions....and some suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,
Can't we all just get along? Please don't bash someone else's product. If you don't like a product, a vendor, or a manufacturer, just don't buy their stuff. Let's all spend as much (or as little) as we want on whatever part we want and just enjoy our cars. Having fun is what this is all about!
Conrad

PS..if you must dump your bucket, please send a Private Message or e-mail to the offending person.

I myself am curious of what the benefit of aftermarket front control arms are. I know dirt and autocross is a bit different but my friend runs hobby stock with stock control arms and wins a lot of races. Just runs moroso springs and bilstein shocks

No benefit IMO. May even make the car less desirable to drive. I did tubular upper a arms from gbody on mine. The car drives better with the stockers. Plan to switch back over the winter.

I had a set of ssbc front calipers before. Did not like those either. Went back to stock as well.

The factory stuff is hard to beat as far as function goes. Most aftermarket stuff will improve some things but fall short on others.

I work on a real nice T type for a guy. Suspension and brakes all stock. The car rides like a Caddy. He talks about doing upgrades to the suspension and brakes. I told him he's nut's. The only thing I would do is get a hydro boost brake booster. If you start messing with other brake components plan on spending allot of time and money geting it all right. Mess with the suspension and loose the smooth ride.

RL

Guys,
Can't we all just get along? Please don't bash someone else's product. If you don't like a product, a vendor, or a manufacturer, just don't buy their stuff. Let's all spend as much (or as little) as we want on whatever part we want and just enjoy our cars. Having fun is what this is all about!
Conrad

PS..if you must dump your bucket, please send a Private Message or e-mail to the offending person.

X2

Lets try and keep it clean and on track. If we can't play nice, the thread will be closed.

I work on a real nice T type for a guy. Suspension and brakes all stock. The car rides like a Caddy. He talks about doing upgrades to the suspension and brakes. I told him he's nut's. The only thing I would do is get a hydro boost brake booster. If you start messing with other brake components plan on spending allot of time and money geting it all right. Mess with the suspension and loose the smooth ride.

RL
Who do you think started this thread Rick? ;) I think you'll be shaking your head at me come spring time. I'm just not sold on the stock stuff. I definetly want the front end tightened up. If the ride gets ugly I'll loosen up the QA1's.

No benefit IMO. May even make the car less desirable to drive. I did tubular upper a arms from gbody on mine. The car drives better with the stockers. Plan to switch back over the winter.

I had a set of ssbc front calipers before. Did not like those either. Went back to stock as well.

The factory stuff is hard to beat as far as function goes. Most aftermarket stuff will improve some things but fall short on others.

RL
Please explain exactly how the tubular arms changed the ride and what about the brakes didn't perform well.

Marley do you have a damn clue on what your talking bout?

I can build a set of control arms and I can build a set that is going to look every damn bodys shiut out there building tubes for these cars dumbass. Im a certed welder and have no problem proving what I said in every set of tube arms are going to be he ****ing same.

All you need is a jig in which I have...

however scot and charlie are very konwledgeable in makeing this work for them so sit back stfu and listen and learn to the people that are willing to test their cars and been around for a ****ing minute you dumbass.

thread close.

thank you im drunk

and if you dont believe come race my buick that charlie has blessed...

NO disrepect Scot W. or Uncle Charlie just sayin.

I just want you to know that this post made me crack up.

I don't know half what these guys know! I wish I did, that would be so friggin' cool! (no sarcasm). I was just trying to give a different viewpoint. I think I said in most my posts that I don't know anything and to call *insert company here* because they know. I don't know if I claimed to know very much in my posts, but if I did, I humbly and sincerely apologize. My personal beliefs are to ask and learn from as many people as possible, hence why I pushed the "call *company XXX*" so much. Charlie said it right-if you limit yourself to 1 person and think you know it all (and boy have I done this in the past! Oh man!!! haha) then you are losing so much valuable information. You cut off all this potential knowledge that could have once been gained.

I apologize for those reading this thread that it got this way. I take full responsibility for leading what was once a good thread-astray.

Hot Air- You're absolutely right. I need to separate my frustrations with a person and not project them onto a company that they might be associated with. That is a character defect I need to work on. I do sincerely apologize for this. I can only tell you that I'll make a conscious effort to improve this. It may not be perfection, but it'll be progress :)

RL

My car has boxed upper and lower rear arms, everything rebuilt up front, hydrboost, and the moog springs. I have s10 brakes to install yet also whenever I get around to it. I'm still on the fence with the hellwig bar since I haven't seen how it's installed. As of right now I have to try really hard just to get the rear to break loose unless I'm driving straight and it might push slightly to the right and that could be just from the crown in the road. I have yet have the front push through a turn. I haven't even put the front sway bar on yet.

I apologize. I get frustrated sometimes when things are, in my opinion, misconstrued. I should not be continuing this drama, and it is my fault for turning this thread into it. I just want others to know that there are other products out there.

Look at engine builders-they use parts from many manufacturers, not just 1-because no 1 company makes the best at everything.

If my "bump" you mean "I really like their company and understand why they came up with their products and believe it them. So I'm going to let others know about this cool company, because it is my opinion(keyword here) that these products are very good, and affordable." I don't want people sacrificing performance just to support a vendor.

Would you stop someone from speaking their mind? I don't think I even stated that "X" is better than "Y" and that is a fact, I did state that it was my opinion. I know you need money to support this board, and with the economy the way it is, you want to protect your livelihood. Where do we draw the line between allowing free speech and opinion (within certain parameters) and simply silencing the competition so that those who come here for genuine input are only given a few select options? What can and cannot we say about other companies? What if I start paying you and become a "vendor", could I talk about SC&C and not worry about being accused of having ulterior motives?

In psychology you learn that those who accuse others of something when there is nothing really happening are often the ones who are guilty of something themselves. Often it rings "too close to home" and their defense mechanisms appear in an attempt to distract any real progress from being made. Not saying this about you SGRIM, but rather others that sometimes appear hostile.

Scott- I'm not going to address your post. It is going to lead to nowhere. I am in no way affiliated with SC&C. I would doubt if they even remember me. I don't get any free parts. I don't get any discounts. I pay full cost, and I enjoy my products. I'm simply a young man who is very enthusiastic about a company that helped me. They saved me money, didn't try to sell me everything under the sun, and explained exactly why (not just the "pamphlet" explanations, but actually the geometry and physics issues) this product would work, and even suggested other products that might get the job done for cheaper. I respect that, and I will try to support them whenever I get the chance.

Just to clarify I'm not Mark, here is a picture of me, so you can see the difference between what Mark looks like, and what I do...quite a difference there.. So you don't need to keep accusing me of secretly being Mark. Theres plenty of people on this board who will reaffirm that I'm just a young kid that is truly appreciative of the help he receives.

I quit reading this in short order... You ARE NOT GOING TO TELL ME WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN ON MY BOARD... Was here before you and it will be here after you... I tried to be nice about this...

You are purposely trying to promote this company for some reason, I don't have time to argue with you so read this one time and let it sink it, POST ABOUT THEM AGAIN AND YOU ARE GONE.... I got to much going on and life is too short to have a pissing match with people trying use ME.....

Thread CLOSED... You got something to say PM me....

Status
Not open for further replies.