bullet proof 10 second tranny( what do I need)

chris, i called and left a message. give me a call when you get time.

Chrisk, comparing the ck stage2 to lonnies stage 2 is not even a fare match. One is fully buillet the other is not.

There is more that goes into a good transmission than a pile of billet parts. The market has been conditioned to believe that lots of billet stuff makes for a better transmission. This is simply not true. A Billet part extends the HP capability of that part over its stock counterpart. Billet parts do not make clutches, band, planets or anything else for that matter live any longer or handle more HP. My stage 2 I will warranty to 10.0s for period of one year and workmanship for as long as you own it. I will freshen that same unit as long as you own it for $350. This is not Johnny come lately. I have been doing this for 14 years. I have also been selling transmission for 6 years with no core charges or special Valvebodys. So when the remark is made whos jumping on the band wagon who's wagon has been jumped on.

i agree 100% just saying there is alot more billet stuff in the ck trans. not making it better but part for part there is more billet parts in one so its hard to compare one part that's billet and one that is not. now comparing the overall performance of the two regardless of parts then we can compare

There is more that goes into a good transmission than a pile of billet parts. The market has been conditioned to believe that lots of billet stuff makes for a better transmission. This is simply not true. A Billet part extends the HP capability of that part over its stock counterpart. Billet parts do not make clutches, band, planets or anything else for that matter live any longer or handle more HP. My stage 2 I will warranty to 10.0s for period of one year and workmanship for as long as you own it. I will freshen that same unit as long as you own it for $350. This is not Johnny come lately. I have been doing this for 14 years. I have also been selling transmission for 6 years with no core charges or special Valvebodys. So when the remark is made whos jumping on the band wagon who's wagon has been jumped on.

+1 on that, just because you have a tranny full of billet parts doesn’t guarantee you will even make it around the block. It’s best to shop around and talk to the builders and get a good quality build .

Turbo Buick Performance
David Husek - Owner
Long Island, New York
516-285-1103
Turbo Buick Performance Home Page
dhusek@turbobuickperformance.com

i agree 100% just saying there is alot more billet stuff in the ck trans. not making it better but part for part there is more billet parts in one so its hard to compare one part that's billet and one that is not. now comparing the overall performance of the two regardless of parts then we can compare

So the performance of the unit does not matter only the parts that are used? I believe performance and reliability has everything to do with it. If your trans is broke did it matter how many free or affordable billet parts were in it? (BTW not picking on you but you had a very good post to single out this madness.)

These statements are true,however I know our products work so there is really no need to question the proven performance of the product.Anyone making junk wouldnt last long around here.I make the parts and I want the business.If I didnt I wouldnt be here and neither would the rest of us.Over the years the product has been refined and the results are that they work.The thing to look at is what are you getting for the money.I am certain that every builder here has gotten a return on a failed part.They all dont live into the 10s,we all know this.I have made it affordable to be secure that a parts failure isnt goint to leave the car stuck with a no forward no reverse condition.As far as clutch and band failure,that is now a thing of the past 95% of the time.And that is a respectable rate considering what the trans has been subjected to over the last few years with power increases beyond what we thought possible years ago.An in car test and all billet parts does count for something when shopping for a trans.

These statements are true,however I know our products work so there is really no need to question the proven performance of the product.Anyone making junk wouldnt last long around here.I make the parts and I want the business.If I didnt I wouldnt be here and neither would the rest of us.Over the years the product has been refined and the results are that they work.The thing to look at is what are you getting for the money.I am certain that every builder here has gotten a return on a failed part.They all dont live into the 10s,we all know this.I have made it affordable to be secure that a parts failure isnt goint to leave the car stuck with a no forward no reverse condition.As far as clutch and band failure,that is now a thing of the past 95% of the time.And that is a respectable rate considering what the trans has been subjected to over the last few years with power increases beyond what we thought possible years ago.An in car test and all billet parts does count for something when shopping for a trans.

Chris I would never question the strength of the parts you sell. I have used them and still will use them if needed. If you search threw this board the number one problem for anyone that bought a transmission is failures that are not related to billet parts. I repaired many of them last year myself. The next complaint is how they were dealt with when the problem occurred. Once again not billet part related. Yes anyone in this business has success and failure and I am no exception. But for you stand on a soap box and say you have a superior product because you have more billet parts is simply an untrue statement and I challenge you to prove it. The real shame here is there are some unsuspecting buyers that will actually believe it. You get what you pay for. The is no Easter bunny and no Santa Claus and I am sorry no free rides and additional billet parts don't make for a great transmission.

Why this flood of sales pitching has been allowed to continue in a tech forum I have absolutely no clue.

So the performance of the unit does not matter only the parts that are used? I believe performance and reliability has everything to do with it. If your trans is broke did it matter how many free or affordable billet parts were in it? (BTW not picking on you but you had a very good post to single out this madness.)

i know your not picking on me. everyone can give there opinion on things. the overall performance and reliability of the trans does matter to me and i'm sure everyone on this board. like posted above you can have all the billet parts in the world in the trans, that doesn't mean it will make it around the block.

Im not soap boxing.I didnt say I had a superior product because of billet parts.I am certain I have corrected clutch and band failure in the 2004r transmission and with that accomplished parts fail.The parts failures are corrected with billet parts.There are dozens of people using my third gear updated calibrations and they work.There are countless amounts of my shift recalibration kits in use.I know how to build the trans and make it live,and Im not referring to parts failures.I aqm working with a few people with proven units at over 800 hp at the wheels and as soon as we get the gear set done we will be in the 8s.If people can do it with a c4 ,I will do it with the 2004r.Lonnie,who do you call when you are having a problem,and who has answered you unselfishly?Ill leave it at that,Ive known you too long to **** on your rug.LOL.Lets all get back to work.

Im not soap boxing.I didnt say I had a superior product because of billet parts.I am certain I have corrected clutch and band failure in the 2004r transmission and with that accomplished parts fail.The parts failures are corrected with billet parts.There are dozens of people using my third gear updated calibrations and they work.There are countless amounts of my shift recalibration kits in use.I know how to build the trans and make it live,and Im not referring to parts failures.I aqm working with a few people with proven units at over 800 hp at the wheels and as soon as we get the gear set done we will be in the 8s.If people can do it with a c4 ,I will do it with the 2004r.Lonnie,who do you call when you are having a problem,and who has answered you unselfishly?Ill leave it at that,Ive known you too long to **** on your rug.LOL.Lets all get back to work.

Chris dont go down the one way street. Information has been shared in both directions to save both of us a lot of time. Who used your Billet drum in the GM Hi Tech car when you could not give one away? You are absolutely correct we can sling mud all day and I have no intention of doing that. I would call you tomorrow and expect you to call me if I could help. I have said what I needed to say and I am done.

there is more that goes into a good transmission than a pile of billet parts. The market has been conditioned to believe that lots of billet stuff makes for a better transmission. This is simply not true. A billet part extends the hp capability of that part over its stock counterpart. Billet parts do not make clutches, band, planets or anything else for that matter live any longer or handle more hp.

+2

On that note,,i am buying a Manual for rebuilding a TH400,,we will see how well I can become a trans builder.:rolleyes::rolleyes:wish me luck..I wont have a pile of billet anything in it..:rolleyes:

On that note,,i am buying a Manual for rebuilding a TH400,,we will see how well I can become a trans builder.:rolleyes::rolleyes:wish me luck..I wont have a pile of billet anything in it..:rolleyes:

You can handle it. Thats a good transmission to start with.

thread got way off track. not the first or last time that is going to happen. he got good info either way

thanks for the vote of confinence,,can you recommend where to buy the rebuild kit or which one..thanks :)

transmission parts usa. Paper rubber seal kit bushing and bearing kit Use the Hi energy clutches from the 4L80e. You will be all good to go.
If you are looking for complete Kit in a box Myself Chris and others have them.

The market has been conditioned to believe that lots of billet stuff makes for a better transmission. This is simply not true.
Your definetly right not a "better" transmission,but ultimatley if they are both calibrated correctly a "stronger" transmission it will be with all the billet parts.
I have personally broken the carrier,ring gear,and multiple forward drums but have still never seen a broken input shaft to date.
I am working on 2 cars currently that will put these trannies to the test.
One has Lonnies stage 2 trans in it now( we are installing the 3 other billet peices for peice of mind)
this car is running the motor that took Don Cruz to a 9.10 2 years ago but with a better turbo than he had:eek:,but its a street car with no raoll bar so i doubt it will really be torture tested.
I do not plan to touch Lonnies calibration as i know his trannies work very well.

i too have been thinking about doing my own
i have the CD and book for the 200-4R