Building a GNX "What if...?"

thejed72

I love the GNX and I'm a big fan of the dog dish muscle cars of the 60's and 70's, and these two conflict. It would never be mistaken for a real GNX, but mechanically would be identical. No Concert Sound, no power doors or seats, and maybe no air (but I do want to enjoy it come summer, so I might for comfort!). I want this to be a stripped down, base model Regal, that has all the go fast features of a GNX. I want all the badging (which I have), might skip the flares, keep the side vents and rear spoiler, and I'm torn on wheels. Maybe GNX rims, but I wouldn't mind steelies if I could find a base Buick center cap to fit from '87. The car itself I'm thinking of keeping silver with the blackouts instead of black with the GN interior.

I know, some will like the idea, some will hate it, but I'm looking for POSITIVE input. Right now it's a base model Regal with hood ornament, badging, and landau roof. I got it for $650 in great shape and never really wanted it, but I got it to help a friend financially who was laid off. Just thought I'd have some good, cheap fun with it.

go for it!

its your car , do as you want , or can afford,
I have a real GNX and am planning to put some 26" wheels on it, I know some will get their panties twisted, but its my car!!!

its your car , do as you want , or can afford,
I have a real GNX and am planning to put some 26" wheels on it, I know some will get their panties twisted, but its my car!!!
I want to see pics of that if you're serious. :D

Why would anyone want to do this;)

OnceBitten2.jpg

GNX Clone PICS 003.jpg

GNX Clone PICS 006.jpg