BUICK Trunklid Emblem

Alan Faircloth

I did a parts search for this emblem and noted that it is now discontinued. I search on several of the sites that sell discontinued items and the online parts network (partsvoice). No luck. My question is whether this emblem is needed by anyone? I have the opportunity to have them made, but just don't know how many, if anybody, needs this emblem. I know I need one for my 86 T-Type as the one on it has lost its shine and luster.

Thanks for your feedback.

Alan

Alan,

I took one I had that was in good shape just faded. I scuffed it real lighly with a fine scoth brite and preped it real good, Then painted it with a Chrome paint for plastic it looks brand new. I think I still have a couple laying around that need refinsihing, but If you could get them made people will buy them, becasue no one makes them, and there hard to get a hold of.
I saw a brand new one in the GM bag go for $95 dollers on e-bay :eek: $95 for a piece of plastic thats nuts ;)

Originally posted by Grand Nash
Alan,

I took one I had that was in good shape just faded. I scuffed it real lighly with a fine scoth brite and preped it real good, Then painted it with a Chrome paint for plastic it looks brand new. I think I still have a couple laying around that need refinsihing, but If you could get them made people will buy them, becasue no one makes them, and there hard to get a hold of.
I saw a brand new one in the GM bag go for $95 dollers on e-bay :eek: $95 for a piece of plastic thats nuts ;)

$95 seems awful high for these emblems, even if NOS. I guess I wasn't aware how rare they actually are.

Alan

Alan,

Here's one that went for $56. Not for much longer. I've already ordered the reproduction ones and they won't even be half that much. Hope those who own these get their $56 or $95 right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34204&item=2432419709

Alan

Alan,

NO MORE $95 BUICK trunk emblems.....HA HA HA!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33643&item=2439113421

That's awesome. Where were you when I was looking all over for one!! !:) Luckily I found a good Buick guy who sold me a NOS one for 20bux shipped.

What's it made of?

Said plated metal in the auction.

I got mine used from Brian Weaver, a bit cheaper and a good usable original for you concourse folks. ;)

Damm ice scraper took off the B and U so I was driving an ICK mobile. :eek: