Buick race at Cecil County THIS weekend...

J Banning

Quench my thirst with C16
Don't forget this weekend...

East Coast Buick Regionals
October 13 & 14
Cecil County Dragway

hope your car runs great Banning.. i'm going to miss that event :( :( .. post up those sub 10 sec times..

Oh, the air was goooood today :). High temp was about 59 F, humidity 67% according to the track weather station. Bettered my personal best by .12 sec and 1.5 mph (11.83, 113 mph, on 93 octane no alky, with 1-2 degrees of retard in 3rd and 112 mph with no retard). Tony Gomes ran an 8.60 and on his last pass pulled a giant wheelstand. May have touched the rear bumper, mabe not - he was way up there (I was about 50' behind him and I saw the whole front bumper). Lifted off, then when the front end touched he hit it again, it came up again to about 40 degrees, lifted, hit it again on touchdown, it came up again to about 6" of air under the front tires, he lifted off and gave up. Never got over to see if he hurt anything on the landings, I sure hope not. I saw John Schmidt go 7.61 at 181 but that was the only pass I saw so he easily could have run faster. Rich Rezes ran a personal best 9.19 - go, Rich! Tomorrow should be just as good.

Good run down IJames. Tonys car luckily didnt hit the bumper but came down a bit on an intercooler clamp.No damage.
Jim Rome also ran a 9.83 at 139 but chewed up a driveshaft yoke.
See you guys today

Dusty Bradford said:
Nice job Jim Rome..... I bet Gomes has got a lot left...

Schmidt was #1 q16 qualifier and went a 7.56 184 early on but broke out in round 2 or 3. Tony made several passes but was pulling wheelies every time. Best et I think I remember was an 8.54 at about 160 but he was pretty much always under 8.8. Rich pulled a pretty good wheelie on his first q16 qualifying pass, lifted, then got back in it when it landed. Didn't come all the way back up but was "porpoising" the entire run. Front end lifting then dropping, up and down. Stayed straight and he went somewhere in the high 9's (and cracked his header panel on the landing, sigh). I'm sure KLhammett will add more details. The weather was almost identical to yesterday, but the wind was stronger. The air was great again, lots of guys were setting personal bests.

Gomes went a best of 8.52 at 165 on a wheelie pass :)

Won first round to a redlight and broke out second round.

We tried to turn it up for a last t+t pass but the CO2 ran out mid run

KLHAMMETT said:
Gomes went a best of 8.52 at 165 on a wheelie pass :)

Won first round to a redlight and broke out second round.

We tried to turn it up for a last t+t pass but the CO2 ran out mid run

Otto,

Does that mean Tony will not be going this year?

I believe he decided that.At this point were not too sure thats enough to make the field.Its a long haul not to make the field

Just from looking around there's a LOT of cars going. I wouldn't be suprised if it took a 8.3-8.4 to qualify this year.

Dusty Bradford said:
Just from looking around there's a LOT of cars going. I wouldn't be suprised if it took a 8.3-8.4 to qualify this year.

Dusty, it will be much harder to make the field this year.
Michael still has a chance if the car is ready and the stars are all aligned.

KLHAMMETT said:
I believe he decided that.At this point were not too sure thats enough to make the field.Its a long haul not to make the field

Otto,

Was that still with the 94MM turbo???

YA it was,I was at Etown today Gutridge ran 194 on radials!
Tim lynch ran a 6.666 for best et and 223 on 10.5s :eek:
I left early so im not sure if anyone did any better

Nice review Carl.

It was good seeing you. Hopefully we can get together again soon.

P.S. Congrats on your new times (on 100% pumpgas) :)

Congrats on winning the Turbo class Banning! $400 to win plus a Hotchis rear sway bar and a $50 TA Performance gift certificate. Not too for a days work!

Thanks John.

You are right, you guys had an excellent purse this year, and it will all go to good use!

Thanks a lot!!

-Banning.

Congrats Banning...

on your win. You are a Buick diehard. Way to go ! :cool: Congrats to Tony, Jim and Rich on great times.