Buick Powered 6.92 at 194.42 mph

BlownV6

:biggrin:I thought for sure that someone would post videos of our passes at BPG in this thread. I guess Hondas, Camaros , or anything friggin else that has a fart can on it, rates higher than a Buick powered dragster on this forum. For anyone that may be intrested , attached are 2 videos. First one is our match race with the TA backed promod car of Rod Henderson , second one is our pass of 6.925 at 194.42 mph. These were our first ever full 1/4 mile passes. To my knowledge this is the quickest 1/4 mile pass ever captured on video by a Buick powered vehicle. I realize that most of you could care less , but I'm pretty proud of it and wanted to share!! Mike:mad:

YouTube - BPG 2010 Mike Booher vs Rod Hendrickson.avi 1st run
YouTube - BPG 2010 - 6 Second V6 Dragster.avi 2nd run

Mike,

Sorry I didn't post those video's on this site. I don't post much on this site and I thought they had already been posted by someone else, maybe in the lounge?

I hope other people enjoy watching the video's as much as I enjoyed being there to get it with my camera.

Thanks for bringing your car out to the BPG Nats, it was amazing to watch it go down the track each time you ran it!!!

Thanks for sharing the vids Mike! Congrats on your 6 sec 1/4 mile pass, that is flat out flying and you should definitely be proud of what you accomplished with your Buick powered dragster. I give anyone credit who has the ballz to get in any vehicle that fast and make a full pass at damn near 200 MPH in the 1/4 mile!:eek::cool:

Mike I would be pretty damned proud if I were you,that is a SERIOUS accomplishment with a V6 Buick.
Congrats and having your **** together and getting it done!!
Nothing short of badd asssss

How about we take Tony Gomes" motor and throw it in there while his chassis is getting done just to see what it would do :)

Excellent, Mike. Thanks for posting them up. I've found out that with the off the wall, odd ball stuff, like what we're doing, you might as well promote what you've accomplished yourself, because you can sure as heck take it to the bank, no one else will do it for you.
I'm going to add those to my favorites now. Again, a big congratulations! :biggrin:

Very cool videos!!! Kudos to the cameraman.

Mike,

Sorry I didn't post those video's on this site. I don't post much on this site and I thought they had already been posted by someone else, maybe in the lounge?

I hope other people enjoy watching the video's as much as I enjoyed being there to get it with my camera.

Thanks for bringing your car out to the BPG Nats, it was amazing to watch it go down the track each time you ran it!!!

No appoligies needed from you. But a big THANK YOU to you for posting it in the first place. Also a big thanks to whoever took the video and posted them on youtube!! If that was you a SPECIAL BIG THANKS!! You have no idea what that means to me!! Thanks Mike:cool:

Mike I would be pretty damned proud if I were you,that is a SERIOUS accomplishment with a V6 Buick.
Congrats and having your **** together and getting it done!!
Nothing short of badd asssss

How about we take Tony Gomes" motor and throw it in there while his chassis is getting done just to see what it would do :)

Im game , that would very intresting!! Not sure thats doable in a weekend though. Mike:cool:

Thanks to the rest of you for the support. Sorry for being a bit brash last night , trying to work out something with the GSCA to bring the dragster to the nationals , but there really not willing to help me out in any fashion!! Very fustrating!! May have to resort in begging for help again:mad:

John, It has more in it. Just how much is yet to be seen!! Thanks Mike:cool:

AWESOME runs !!!! I can't speak for other members, but I'd love to hear/see more on you and your car. I'm an information junkie and was in heaven when you posted data from your datalogger a few months ago. I know you like to keep a lot of that data to yourself, but I'd LOVE to see more.

Thanks for thinking outside the box!!!

Thanks to the rest of you for the support. Sorry for being a bit brash last night , trying to work out something with the GSCA to bring the dragster to the nationals , but there really not willing to help me out in any fashion!! Very fustrating!! May have to resort in begging for help again:mad:

John, It has more in it. Just how much is yet to be seen!! Thanks Mike:cool:

I know my clout is worthless, but I'd hope people that had some would push for you. I don't understand why they would diss you like that. There has got to be a venue that appreciates the work you've done. What is wrong with those people?

Mike. Why don't you start your own event. Maybe an extreme Buicks or something or other. I'd bring my car out there for that.

AWESOME runs !!!! I can't speak for other members, but I'd love to hear/see more on you and your car. I'm an information junkie and was in heaven when you posted data from your datalogger a few months ago. I know you like to keep a lot of that data to yourself, but I'd LOVE to see more.

Thanks for thinking outside the box!!!

I'm not into dragsters but I would like to see some pictures of it. I do like your set up. It runs better then most of the big block dragsters I've seen, so that's pretty cool in my book.

I know my clout is worthless, but I'd hope people that had some would push for you. I don't understand why they would diss you like that. There has got to be a venue that appreciates the work you've done. What is wrong with those people?

We just seem to see eye to eye on the issues. They want me to come , but they want me to pay them to put on a show for them and Im not willing to do that out of my pocket!! Pretty much that simple.

The TB nationals in March basically had that extreme buick class your talking about. Buick bodied or Buick powered run what ya brung, protree start , first to the finish line wins. Not very many people showed up to race this class. Bob stanley wrecked his car , Richie Kiebler showed up with his SBC but had trans issues. Basically I won with no serious challengers. Mike:cool:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin:What an accomplishment!!!!! Should be VERY proud! :biggrin::biggrin:

We just seem to see eye to eye on the issues. They want me to come , but they want me to pay them to put on a show for them and Im not willing to do that out of my pocket!! Pretty much that simple.

The TB nationals in March basically had that extreme buick class your talking about. Buick bodied or Buick powered run what ya brung, protree start , first to the finish line wins. Not very many people showed up to race this class. Bob stanley wrecked his car , Richie Kiebler showed up with his SBC but had trans issues. Basically I won with no serious challengers. Mike:cool:

Way to go!
I know I wouldn't have a chance in a heads up deal, but maybe an extreme bracket, best 2 out of 3 deal. Consistent performance with endurance would be the name of the game there.

I see your point. Your deal is basically exhibition. I know at my home track, a deal like yours would be, "Get him to the track! NO COST to Mike for attending!". It's perfect sense that a car like yours would sell spectator tickets. Maybe the organizers you're speaking of are tired of making money from their event? Maybe they're just looking for some quiet picnic time or something. I don't know.

I see your point. Your deal is basically exhibition. I know at my home track, a deal like yours would be, "Get him to the track! NO COST to Mike for attending!". It's perfect sense that a car like yours would sell spectator tickets. Maybe the organizers you're speaking of are tired of making money from their event? Maybe they're just looking for some quiet picnic time or something. I don't know.

Thats all I asked for , give me and my crew free entry into the event and I would give it my best shot to reset the quickest and fastest pass at the BG nationals. Here is the response directly from Richard Lasseters e-mail.

[No-one has ever gotten "free" tickets to the Nats. This would be a dangerous precedent since this has been asked for several times in the past, and in all cases denied. The Nationals is like a big family reunion where everyone is treated as fairly and consistently. The last time we were asked for "comp" tickets was by some guy named "Mike Robinett" who was Buddy Ingersoll's crewchief. They wanted to bring Buddy's Buick bodied ( 90's Regal) Pro Stocker w/"corporate" (Chevy-based) 500 cid engine. They were told that not only could they not be comped w/tickets, but they would not even be allowed to race. ]

I just can't figure out how this makes any sense and/or is in the best interest for his event?? The event is going to happen and cost X amount. Letting an exibition car and crew in for free doesnt cost him anything out of pocket , and makes for a better event for the paying spectators. So he didnt allow free entry to Buddys car and so they didnt come and nobody got to see it!! Now he wont allow me free entry so I wont come and nobody will get to mine either!! How is that a good business decesion?? If Im looking at this wrong somebody please straighten me out!! Just don't get it!! Mike

If you have come to the Nats before and I have seen your car there why would they need to pay you to come :confused:. Is it because they wont let you run in a class?? No disrespect intended Mike. Just curious

But you have in the past right?? WHat would make this year different??

Mike why do you think you deserve a fee pass, special treatment, or hand outs? do you think just because you have a very expensive, unique ride it warrants special treatment? yes your ride is quick & a pleasure to watch. I know it must be very expensive to operate, BUT I was brought up don't buy what you can't afford. if you can't afford to run what you have, may be you should look @ something you can afford to run on your own pocketbook, instead of something you have to ask for donations to run. Obama loves spending $, may be he can help you out.

Thats all I asked for , give me and my crew free entry into the event and I would give it my best shot to reset the quickest and fastest pass at the BG nationals. Here is the response directly from Richard Lasseters e-mail.

[No-one has ever gotten "free" tickets to the Nats. This would be a dangerous precedent since this has been asked for several times in the past, and in all cases denied. The Nationals is like a big family reunion where everyone is treated as fairly and consistently. The last time we were asked for "comp" tickets was by some guy named "Mike Robinett" who was Buddy Ingersoll's crewchief. They wanted to bring Buddy's Buick bodied ( 90's Regal) Pro Stocker w/"corporate" (Chevy-based) 500 cid engine. They were told that not only could they not be comped w/tickets, but they would not even be allowed to race. ]

I just can't figure out how this makes any sense and/or is in the best interest for his event?? The event is going to happen and cost X amount. Letting an exibition car and crew in for free doesnt cost him anything out of pocket , and makes for a better event for the paying spectators. So he didnt allow free entry to Buddys car and so they didnt come and nobody got to see it!! Now he wont allow me free entry so I wont come and nobody will get to mine either!! How is that a good business decesion?? If Im looking at this wrong somebody please straighten me out!! Just don't get it!! Mike
Comping a high profile car for an event, in my book, would be the cost of marketing the event. Someone needs to take some marketing lessons over there.
Wow. They passed up a historic opportunity like that. They're just plain nuts. They obviously just want to soak every penny they can out of it, for as long as they can.