Bucking at cruising speed

TurboShane

WE4 Super Freak
Ok my car has not run right since last year. It was running good then all of the sudden I parked it for a week and the battery went dead and would not take a charge. Then I get a new battery and all of the sudden it runs like a peice of you know what. It likes to die coming to a stop sign and bucks terribly in OD. Any one got any ideas as to what is going on? I sure could use some help. And idles really ruff too. Oh and under boost it sound like it is backfiring throu the intake not all the time just once in a while and it also makes a pop noise at around 18psi of boost then I lose all power.

I did some more test just now. Unpluged the MAF ran worse? Unpluged the cam sensor ran about the same. Unpluged the the TPS sensor idled smooth. Now all of the sudden the car just makes a pop noise after I get it started and dies right after that.

triple check the TPS & IAC settings. Try a different MAF. My MAF passed all the test...tried a different one problem solved.

Fuel filter, different chip swap in a different ECM

If you've got a buddy with a TR just start swapping parts.

Mine did the exact same thing. I replaced my fuel pump, fixed 4 vaccuum leaks, and corrected my TPS voltage. Every problem I had went away.

From what you are describing, I would check the vaccum line from the IAC for the MAP (should be the 2nd or 3rd line and runs to a relay solenoid on the passenger side of the engine bay about the wheel).

Thanks for the replies. I will check the vacum lines tommorow. AS far as scan numbers they all look normal except the mass air flow is a little high.

Its your maf. Mine just died , it did the same. I had to ease into the gas or it would backfire through the intake. Does your check engine light come on. if so code 34 is maf. Mine idled worse when i unpluged it. you might have to bite the bullet if you cant put a known good one on and buy the translator set up and be done with the old maf. good luck

Originally posted by jetmech
you might have to bite the bullet if you cant put a known good one on and buy the translator set up and be done with the old maf. good luck
Its not that bad. My AC Delco MAF costs $65 if I remember correctly. Brand new in box.