Brrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

northerngn

Master Monkeywrench
damn... i just realized it's 50 deg warmer inside my freezer then it is outside:eek:
20 below this morning
scraping the car glass on the way to work ....on the inside!!!!:cool:
-dan

Yea, I know what you mean.

it was 87 here yesterday, not sure if I can handle the temps here ,
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha
hey. you chose to live there, here in the land of fruits and nuts, were used to mid 80's temps,
I feel for ya man, now I'll go have another ice tea, and get out the sun screen,
hope it warms up soon for you!

Yep..............real cold spell a coming. Supposed to get down in the upper teens one night this week, then climb to a high of only 34 degrees during the day, before it gets back up into the 50's/60's next week. Guess we can hang on a little while longer down here in SC! :D

damn... i just realized it's 50 deg warmer inside my freezer then it is outside:eek:
20 below this morning
scraping the car glass on the way to work ....on the inside!!!!:cool:
-dan

It's incredible that a car will even start in that... Heard from my friend in Maple Lake it was -25 with a wind chill of -50:eek: . I think it's cold enough down here:redface:

As much as Cali annoys me at times, I gotta admit the weather in San Diego can't be beat....80 degrees in the middle of Jan? Sounds like a good day to take out the GN.:biggrin:

It's -10 right now but it only feels like -9. Yesterday my feet were so cold I had to hold onto the railing to walk down some steps because I could hardly feel where I was stepping. I even had those chemical warmer packs in the toes of my shoes and it really made no difference. But Saturday all will be back to normal.

It's incredible that a car will even start in that... Heard from my friend in Maple Lake it was -25 with a wind chill of -50:eek: . I think it's cold enough down here:redface:

That's one of those places where you tuck your kids in at night, let your faucets drip to keep from freezing, and plug your car in when you're not using it. :eek:

-6 here in North Haven CT this morning! Drove about 10 miles to work and it was warmed up to 10 above. Got a cousin who runs a farm by himself in Minot ND and guess it was like -40 there. Don't know how he does it!

That's one of those places where you tuck your kids in at night, let your faucets drip to keep from freezing, and plug your car in when you're not using it. :eek:

I never did the faucet dripping thing until I moved to the west coast. There was a cold spell that hit here and the temps went down into the 20's. People were FREAKING out about everything.

I have been in Minneapolis when the temps have dipped below what Dan originally posted. My faucets never dripped and my pipes never froze. Also, the plug is just a warmer to keep the oil from turning to gel. If you have a weak battery you would hook it up to a charger over night or it wont start the next morning. I never plugged a car in either, I just made sure I had some 900 CCA battery in the car and at minimum, 2 layers of clothes on under my jacket and wind pants.

I took my GTP from MN out here. One day it started hard about a month ago. I went and tested the battery and it had 26, thats right, twenty six cold cranking amps left in it. :eek: If I would have still been in MN that thing would have been dead back in October. :D

-15 below the past two mornings here in Wisconsin.

It's 0 right now, apparently there is no temperature:confused:

It was 34 degrees on my way home just a little bit ago. So cold I turned the butt warmer on. :D

This cold weather really make me considering packing my bags and moving south! Got in my car to go to work yesterday it read -17*. I let it warm up for 20 minutes to try to have a calm 20 minute ride to work. Cold like that had everyone with a short fuse at work because we knew we all would be out in the elements in 2 hours. I just reminded myself that some have it alot worse and did what I had to do.

True test of your vehicles battery condition. Wife's Jimmy started a bit sluggish yesterday and today it finally gave up the ghost. Going to change out this morning.

Mid -30's C a week ago and +10 C today. We usually get a few days every winter at or close to -40. I don't usually plug in my car when it's cold but I do start it 2 or 3 times with the remote stater sometimes just to get some heat in before I get in.