Browell Bell Housing Tool

1KWIKSIX

Has anyone used the Browell Bell Housing Tool ?
It’s used to check engine crankshaft alignment to transmission input shaft after engine align honing etc . which may have moved alignment of the two. It’s a go-no go gauge

Attachments

• IMG_4062.jpeg
    IMG_4062.jpeg
    22.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4061.jpeg
    IMG_4061.jpeg
    18.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4060.jpeg
    IMG_4060.jpeg
    17.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Thanks Chuck!
I’m gonna run the dial indicator / magnetic base Igot from Silver Sport today to check . Have bolted up the GBody BOP bell housing & ready to go. Yup, if it’s out was looking at those McRobb offset dowel pins
Just wondered if anyone had used this go-no go gauge .
Looked interesting .

When you sweep the bore also sweep the trans mounting face.
I've not found the cast hsgs to be out but the hydroformed ones such as Lakewood have been.

Will do.
I did get my hands on a factory 78-88 GBody B.O.P. manual transmission bell housing .
Found it local too! 👍

Will do.
I did get my hands on a factory 78-88 GBody B.O.P. manual transmission bell housing .
Found it local too! 👍
Found total run out (TRO) @ 0.0014”
So divide by 2 to get crankshaft run out of 0.007”( which exceeds the max recommended TRO of 0.010” or 0.005” crank run out.
I’ve ordered the 0.007” adjustable dowell pins from RobbMc
Fingers crossed that I can remove the factory dowell pins easily , since the motor is still in the car! 🤞
This out of spec run out as minimal as it is could be responsible for crank to tranny input shaft misalignment that wiped out my 200r4 transmissions pump bushing last year .

Found total run out (TRO) @ 0.0014”
So divide by 2 to get crankshaft run out of 0.007”( which exceeds the max recommended TRO of 0.010” or 0.005” crank run out.
I’ve ordered the 0.007” adjustable dowell pins from RobbMc
Fingers crossed that I can remove the factory dowell pins easily , since the motor is still in the car! 🤞
This out of spec run out as minimal as it is could be responsible for crank to tranny input shaft misalignment that wiped out my 200r4 transmissions pump bushing last year .
Correction was a typo : found TOR 0.014”