Broken Double roller timng chain question

Hello all, Finally got gn started on first turn of key:cool:,used new stock gears with 2 gaskets and little silicon to seal it was leaking bad, i need a new fan setup and headers as they got broken . Thakns all for your help cool:biggrin:

How's your oil pressure? You used silicone on the oil pump gaskets? They are more shims than gaskets. They come in different thicknesses to set the gear end play, and will play a big part in your oil pressure.

I assume your fan (IC fan?) and headers broke from something else, not from the timing chain break? ;)

PS, congrats on getting it back together. I know it can be stressful and a real pain in the a$$ when things don't go well, but nice work!

Hello all, Finally got gn started on first turn of key:cool:,used new stock gears with 2 gaskets and little silicon to seal it was leaking bad, i need a new fan setup and headers as they got broken . Thakns all for your help cool:biggrin:

:eek::eek:. I think you should have someone that has some experience with these take a look at it. Your problems are about to become big problems.

How's your oil pressure? You used silicone on the oil pump gaskets? They are more shims than gaskets. They come in different thicknesses to set the gear end play, and will play a big part in your oil pressure.

I assume your fan (IC fan?) and headers broke from something else, not from the timing chain break? ;)

oil pressure is 60 psi at starup 10 psi idle so better, i dont have enough money
to put it on the road now so i just need to start it in cold weather from time to time..I only used a slight smear silicone to hold them in place ,and it was leaking so i used 2 gaskets, i need a rebuild sooo bad.

What was leaking?
The filter adapter that the gears ride on?

You need to mill that flat before you install so gears and gaskets fit right.

What was leaking?
The filter adapter that the gears ride on?

You need to mill that flat before you install so gears and gaskets fit right.

Hello ,yes thats what was leaking, i try to with fine sandpaper all i had.:eek:it was a brand new adapter i brought.