BRF Valve Body question...pressure issue

STP

Narrow A$$ Racing
Having an issue with a 2004r I assembled for a friend...had it in and out of the car several times in the past couple weeks. Here's what I found last night after disassembling the valve body. At the line bias valve port in the valve body there is supposed to be a spring that goes in front of the valve. This valve body was missing the spring there. Question is how would this effect the operation of the transmission??? It was also missing the spring at the TV modulator upshift valve....Fighting a pressure issue with this trans. At full TV and about 1500rpm in park I initially get around 265lbs of line pressure. But, it quickly drops of to about 150lbs...It is dual fed with billet hard parts and I am 99.99% sure everything is right inside the transmission. I'm focusing on the pump and valve body now.

The line bias valve needs a spring or blocker in there to keep it from stroking or it will have a big pressure issue.

Thx Bison...So it is not normal for the spring to be left out for any reason then? This vb had the valve in the bore and that's it...same thing with the TV modulator upshift valve. Could one of these be the root of my psi issues?

STP said:
Thx Bison...So it is not normal for the spring to be left out for any reason then? This vb had the valve in the bore and that's it...same thing with the TV modulator upshift valve. Could one of these be the root of my psi issues?

The MTV up spring was deleted in the factory BR calibration. There is a high probability your line bias valve with no spring is your problem.