Brand new T70's for $600 shipped?!

?????????????

I've lived here for over 30 yrs, and have not seen this supplier before.
The 70 turbo is a "P" trim w/ a 4 bolt hsg... You'll need some headers for it, as it's also a external gate...

the map that those turbos comes with shows they are really bull****. you figure the most the t70 can make is 650 crank hp. this is equivalent to a te61 from precision. you can save about 100 on this turbo vs. the precision turob. the only true thing about these turbos are that they are 70 housing

Nothing wrong with the new MP turbos, and the compressor map for the MP's is the same as the turbonetics T70 which is ~84 lbs/min. Thats about 840-850 flywheel hp.

Jose

Here is the MP 70.....like I said its a nice piece and tougher then the Garrett unit.

turbo_004_2.jpg

turbo_003_2.jpg

Jose

Do you think this would fare well with my setup? (sig)
Or should I have my TE62 rebuilt to whatever it's max is?
I don't plan on many more mods for a while, possibly whatever the next hi Z injector is that Racetronix is working on, but that's about it.

Will a Buick style exhaust housing bolt on these? That way you could make it a bolt on. ie... 3 bolt and internal wastegate.

The MP T70 is a capable unit, and would be a great upgrade to the TE62.

Scott, the MP T70 uses just a standard p-trim wheel and you could just purchase a 3 bolt exhaust housing for it.

Thanks JZ, that's good news. Couple of more questions. Is it a 4" inlet, 2.5" outlet?? Also, are you a vendor for these?? Thanks,

how can you say they are comparable to a turbonetics turbo. look at master powers website and call them even. the t70 supports about 650 crank hp. i was told this. the site even states this. last time i checked, a 70 trim turbonetics supports in the range of 900 crank hp with is ~750whp

It will support the same hp as a turbonetics T70 p-trim. Heck it uses the same wheels and housings. Their's no magic tricks to this stuff. XXmm compressor and XXmm turbine wheel will flow XXX amount of hp, as long as the compressor cover is not restrictive or the turbine housing is not restrictive. Plain and simple, your differences will be mainly in the A/R's, but that will only account for 10% change.

Jose

i understand all that but then why do they claim less crank hp than all the tnetics and garrett turbos? also, do you run one personally? i know they are made for supras and your shop works on those but do you have a dyno of any of them? also the super t70 thats on ebay is not a master power turbo. look at the casting. nothing mentioning master power. www.partsexpressonline.com shows the master power turbos. the t70 is 713.00 and then you have to switch housings which is 175.00 from precision. so you at 925-950.00 after shipping. its not a bolt-on and go affair

First Master Power is conservatively rating these turbos. When your a new company to a foreign market you don't want to make outlandish claims. Also some of the T70's that are floating around on e-bay are made by other companies other then MP. I know some are from Stone Racing, and I'm not to sure about their quality. Also the prices you quoted are higher then it can be had for. I personally haven't run one yet but I have a quite a few coming and may slap one on just to try it. Would be a good test againist my current PTE-70.

Jose

One thing I did forget to mention is, we will have them in .84 and .96 A/R housings soon. So getting an aftermarket housing will not be necessary. But that is if you are sticking with a 4 bolt. If its 3 bolt, then you will still need to purchase the housing. Both turbonetics and PTE make them.

Jose

I know the Head Engineer of the Master Power Performance division personaly and I am working with those guys to develope a ballbearing turbo also. I will be at there factory May 26th . The Turbos are built extrmely well because Brazil Runs very high boost levels because of the four cylinders and most cars are Alchol ...I have them on my Stang with a 351 W. I also have lots of freinds in Brazil that race and use the MP turbos lots of cars making way more RWHP than MP advertises. If you like I can scan a few articles and post them ...Like a 4cylinder bug that runs 9seconds and makes 600 RWHP or a 427 1967 Camaro that has twin Super 70s that made 920 hp.......The thrust bearings in these turbos are built tough....Also a little info for you guys about the Company.....This is a group of Engineers that was in partner ship with Garret many years ago and was actually building Garret turbos and after a few years they walked out and started MP which now sells more turbos than anyone in South America...They have just recently stepped up to the plate for the American performance market.

Kerry