Brand new precision 6262 with the box!

Jimmyboost87

Only has 2hrs on it. Just got it today but I know already I'm going to need to add to much to make it work for my application.. Just can't afford it. So need to let it go. It's brand new only like 5miles on it. Let me know if anyone is interested I'm going to pull off the car tomarrow. Sux!!! Wish I woulda know I was going to need a stall and bigger injectors.

HP RATING: 705

This is the turbo that changed history: the first mass-production unit to feature Precision's groundbreaking CEA® compressor wheel technology, the PT6262 CEA® turbocharger is considered "the holy grail" by many in the forced induction world. This turbo can help you make unstoppable power when used on its own, or double up to twins for a much more intimidating and incredible setup.

PTE's PT6262 Turbocharger features the following:

• Exclusive CEA® (Competition Engineered Aerodynamics) compressor wheel machined from a 2618-aluminum forging
  • Higher efficiency and faster transient response for maximum power and performance
  • 62mm inducer compressor wheel
  • Compressor cover options:
    • "E" compressor cover 3.0" inlet/2.0" outlet
    • "Ported S" compressor cover 4.0" inlet/2.5" outlet
  • Exclusive CEA® (Competition Engineered Aerodynamics) 62mm, 76 trim turbine wheel
  • Turbine housing options:
    • T3 .63 or .82 A/R with 4 bolt (2.5") discharge
    • T3 .63 A/R with 5 bolt discharge (with or without wastegate hole)
    • T3 .63 or .82 A/R with 3" V-Band discharge
    • V-Band inlet .64 or .82 A/R with V-Band discharge
    • T4 Tangential .58 or .68 A/R with 3 5/8" V-Band discharge
    • T4 Divided .84 A/R with 3 5/8" V-Band discharge
    • Mitsubishi .63 A/R
    • Buick .63 A/R
    • GMC Syclone/Typhoon .85 A/R
  • Available with either a Hydrodynamic 360° thrust bearing system, or an air-cooled, dual ceramic ball-bearing center housing rotating assembly (CHRA)
Precision customers have a history of setting records and getting noticed. They don't sit in the stands watching the action – they're the ones making it happen. Innovation is a collaborative process and we focus our efforts on you. Get involved and be a part of the action today with PTE.

Are you looking for a trade? I have a precision 6131E that has low miles on it.

If you list the specs, AR and which cover is on yours ( or part number) and a price you will get a better response from members looking to buy. Good luck

Bryan

If you list the specs, AR and which cover is on yours ( or part number) and a price you will get a better response from members looking to buy. Good luck

Bryan
It says AR.60 and it's just as described. It's a 6262. I don't know much more about it. I wish it did what I thought it was going to do for me. It kills me to sell it. I just installed it like 10 hrs ago!! Payed over 1000 for it. I'll take 900 cause technically used it.

P
It says AR.60 and it's just as described. It's a 6262. I don't know much more about it. I wish it did what I thought it was going to do for me. It kills me to sell it. I just installed it
It says AR.60 and it's just as described. It's a 6262. I don't know much more about it. I wish it did what I thought it was going to do for me. It

Bryan
part# 11102007567
Product:6262E
Serial no: 500534

It says AR.60 and it's just as described. It's a 6262. I don't know much more about it. I wish it did what I thought it was going to do for me. It kills me to sell it. I just installed it like 10 hrs ago!! Payed over 1000 for it. I'll take 900 cause technically used it.
The box will have the information on it. Typically the part number will tell.
Does it have a 3" inlet on the cold side or a 4" inlet with holes around it ? .63AR or .85AR

Bryan

The box will have the information on it. Typically the part number will tell.
Does it have a 3" inlet on the cold side or a 4" inlet with holes around it ? .63AR or .85AR

Bryan
3" inlet
It says 6262E CEA-1 JB W/ THB3-62 STD ACT

THATS ALL IT SAYS. HOPE IT HELPS.

OK. That helps...
So what you have is a journal bearing 6262 with the E cover (3"x2"), standard actuator .

This will help with the sale. ..

Bryan

OK. That helps...
So what you have is a journal bearing 6262 with the E cover (3"x2"), standard actuator .

This will help with the sale. ..

Bryan
Yeah that sounds right. 3" in 2" out. And journal. I'm going back to my TA49. The ran better. This one expensive lesson!! I gotta check with you guys before I make any more hasty discussions next time.

Don't beat yourself up over it man. You'll end up making most of your money back and will live to fight another day. More importantly you have learned a valuable lesson in the process. It's more about the combo than it is slapping on any one part, such as a big turbo. Lots of knowledgeable guys here who are willing to point you in the right direction next time around :)

Don't beat yourself up over it man. You'll end up making most of your money back and will live to fight another day. More importantly you have learned a valuable lesson in the process. It's more about the combo than it is slapping on any one part, such as a big turbo. Lots of knowledgeable guys here who are willing to point you in the right direction next time around :)
Thanks man.. Yea I just took the car out for one last ride before I pull it tomarrow. It feel good but no better than my 49. Only difference is the lag

Your ok don't panic. If you had the right combo of parts to use with that turbo it would run great and you would be keeping it and not loosing money selling at a discount price.

So take the new turbo off and put it in the box and sit it on a shelf until you get the rest of the combo of parts to use with it. No one on this board is running fast now or ever in the past without the right combo of parts. Start by asking the guys who have experience with this turbo and who are running it and what their combo is.Just be prepared to spend some money on injectors,torque converter,intercooler, downpipe,transmission,control arms,sway bar,shocks; etc. You get the idea i'm sure. It costs money to go fast and it's not cheap,and adding one part alone isn't going to do it.

With the right converter it spools stupid fast, I would sit on it for a while if you don't need the money, if your like the rest of us, one day the ta49s and te44s wont be enough and that is a great step-up turbo..

Your ok don't panic. If you had the right combo of parts to use with that turbo it would run great and you would be keeping it and not loosing money selling at a discount price.

So take the new turbo off and put it in the box and sit it on a shelf until you get the rest of the combo of parts to use with it. No one on this board is running fast now or ever in the past without the right combo of parts. Start by asking the guys who have experience with this turbo and who are running it and what their combo is.Just be prepared to spend some money on injectors,torque converter,intercooler, downpipe,transmission,control arms,sway bar,shocks; etc. You get the idea i'm sure. It costs money to go fast and it's not cheap,and adding one part alone isn't going to do it.
I mean just out of curiosity... What else would I need besides a converter? And what stall?

I mean just out of curiosity... What else would I need besides a converter? And what stall?

Getting the right converter in there matched to the turbo will allow you to run the turbo on your car without the slow spool up with better street manners ,but if the transmission isn't up to the task it may not last long. Then you will be having the new converter and the old tired transmission rebuilt. The right converter will most likely cost as much as you paid for the turbo. As far as the stall speed goes the best person to ask about that would be an expert that does it for a living and that would be Dusty Bradford @ PTC. There are others on here that have personal real life experience as well that have built 100's of turbo buick street combos that can answer that for you as well though. The best place to ask that question would be in the Transmission forum.

Put your combo in your sig so we can help advise you.