Brake Question

Woody

I am looking to upgrade my front brakes to Baer 12" or 13" discs soon and have a question.........I have Bell Tech dropped spindles and from what I've read, I must replace the spindles if I install the Baer upgrade?? I have 17" Telstars and soon to be installed BMR upper and lower control arms........Will this be an issue or do I replace my spindles????

Thanks guys!!

Woody

Woody,

In order for you to use a Baer Brake the spindle has to be modified.. (either stock height or drop). The factory spindle has a cast in mount for the caliper, this has to be removed.

Baer modifies the stock and drop spindles and will build the entire brake on the spindle (ships all assembled).

So basically, if you have drop spindles (and want to keep that height) you would have to buy a Baer system with drop spindles and you would get another set. You can just replace your entire spindle assembly. Baer charges and addtional $100 to go from stock height to drop spindles.

Hope this makes sense? :) If you have questions you can call Jack Cotton, he has these systems in stock now :)

Thanks!
Rick

I am very happy with my 12"Baer I bought from Jack Cotton.

I am running oem 15" 84 & 85 GN wheels with NO issues. I do recommend, if you are running larhger diameter wheels - go as big on the brakes as will fit your wheels.