Brake Problem

ROGERDOG

My 87 GN has an issue with the brakes. The peddle is hard as a rock and I really have to stand on it to stop the car. It feels like I have no hydraulic force or power brakes. Any thoughts? Thanks!:confused:

Sounds like the power master motor is not working.
Check for blown fuses first.
Could be the PM motor is bad.

Might be time to go vacuum or you can pick up a PM replacement and the local AutoZone (I'd suggest to go vacuum).

Number one cause is the accumulator bulb is no longer holding pressure.

Is your brake light flashing or staying on at all?

Hey guys,
I have the same problem with my gn. I have the pedal rock hard, brake light is always on and the motor does not come on. The fuse is ok. I changed the switch, accumulator and now will change the motor tonight. I was a the gs nationals in bowling green and had to delay my little project. Let me know how it goes. I hope that changing the motor will fix my brake problem.

Michael

I'm having the same problem. Rock hard breaks and the interior brake light is constantly on now...it would come on right when i'd apply the brakes, but when i lost power to my brakes its constantly on now. Where can i pick up a accumulator bulb? would that be the main culprit when the light stays on?

My brake light was intermitent but it now stays on constantly. Where is the PM located. Any idea on the replacement cost? Thanks for the help.