Brake Lights not working Please help!

anadaron

Here is the deal, I bought a T-Type about a week ago now and when i bought it the brake lights worked. After a few days they stopped working. well i checked everything today and it all appears to be in good condition even had the brake lights working for a little bit but they stopped again. I have checked the brakelight switch even replacing it with another. Followed all the wires and there appears to be no breakage.

All Fuses are good as well. Another interesting note is that the passenger turn signal was not working but all of a sudden after messing with tons of wires today it magically started working again. Do not know if it is related.

Does anyone have anything on this type of problem??? I am very stumped and already got a fix it ticket for not having brake lights. This is my daily driver and i need it to function any insight would be helpful!!!

Thank you!

The wires all run through the turn signal switch. It could be a faulty switch. Do you still have the third brake light? Try moving your tilt wheel to several different positions to see if they start working. I had the same problem on my car. When I moved the wheel the main brake lights would stop/start working but the third worked fine all of the time. The problem ended up being the main plug on the steering column. It would move just enough to break the circuit and cause them to stop working. I cleaned it up, put it back together, and attatched it securely to the column. No more problems.

Third Brake light.

Sounds very close to my problem! The third brake light does work! I will take out the turn signal switch today to check this thank you for the input.

Usually the problem is the white wire in the turn signal switch harness where it turns sharply at the harmonica connecter going to the body harness at the bottom of the steering column. The wire can pop out and cause the problem you are describing. You can reattach the wire into the connecter, or solder the wire to the connecter (easier off of car), or use a butt connector to bypass the harmonica connectors

no brake lights

I had this problem & it was the turn signal switch in the steering column. Replace it & wala brake lights again. Good luck.

Had the same problem on my car. Problem turned out to be the wiring harness on top of the steering colum was loose.

Problem fixed!

It was the white wire on the turnsignal switch that had pulled loose! Bypassed the connector and added in a longer stretch of wire so as to use tilt worry free! Brake lights and all other lights functioning great.

Thanks for the help.