Brake light on after Vacuum Brake conversion

savio

I had a bad PM on my 87 that also had the brake light on as well in the dash. I have successfully converted to the vacuum brake system; however, the brake light is still on. How can I get this to turn off? I don't know if standard vacuum brake cars in the 80's even had a "brake" idiot light.

I had a bad PM on my 87 that also had the brake light on as well in the dash. I have successfully converted to the vacuum brake system; however, the brake light is still on. How can I get this to turn off? I don't know if standard vacuum brake cars in the 80's even had a "brake" idiot light.

Yes they did. Is the wire plugged into the proportioning valve. Also, the light indicates air in the system.

Sometimes you had to open a front or rear bleeder and have a helper watch if the light flickers or goes out while you mess with it.. that switch plunger can jam forward or backward depending on which line got air in it.

If you have good brakes, which is at least 1/2 a pedal, just drive it some and it should go off.

Yes they did. Is the wire plugged into the proportioning valve. Also, the light indicates air in the system.
Looks like that is what is was. I re-bled everything and the light went off. The pedal feels normal. Thank you for your responses everybody.