BPG Looking at moving Event Location for 2014

gbsean

Reached out to http://www.bristoldragway.com/ and talked to Brandon Cross and I need to send him some information and he will put together a proposal. Depending on what he comes back with and what Salem can come up with we might be moving from NTR...This will be put up to a vote in the near future. We know alot of Racers have issues with track prep and tech and we are always trying to provide the best experience for both the racer the car show participant and the spectator. We want everyone to be safe and Happy and have FUN....This would be for 2014. We would love to do 10 year anniversary at Salem but moving a few hours south of Columbus may make more attendees from the southern states attend. Time frame would still be the same.

This is excellent news! I can't tell you how many times I've heard "It would be great to go back to Bristol and race again". If this happens, I will be very proactive in calling the old timers up and getting them there. The facilities are excellent. I ran my first 8 second pass there and remember watching Conley and Duttweiler match racing there.

Maybe, get in touch w/ Jim Haas. He might give some insights as to the "do's/dont's, when putting on a race there...........

Ran my first 10 second pass there long time ago... 10.66

Bristol gets my vote for sure.

I am definitely in for a Buick event at Bristol... The last time I raced there was for the Pinks show...

This is excellent news! I can't tell you how many times I've heard "It would be great to go back to Bristol and race again". If this happens, I will be very proactive in calling the old timers up and getting them there. The facilities are excellent. I ran my first 8 second pass there and remember watching Conley and Duttweiler match racing there.
I remember the race where you and Davey switched cars in the finals. You both had problems with near disastrous results. You should've heard all the gasps in the stands.

i wish there was a big event at Englishtown like the early 90's buick vs mustang showdowns! so many great memories from those events, and all the big boys from both teams came from all over the country. growing up in southern nj and being a child who grew up around these cars,i was fortunate enough to see Turbo Tune get their car into 11's(when that was a huge feat) and down to Tweaked's first 7 second pass.

anyway it would be great to see a big event come back to where it all began. maybe the fact that its the northeast and it makes it harder not being centrally located, but im sure they would come!

E-town wants a guarantee of 500 cars...if 500 cars do not show up the event organizer has to pay the difference...

Attended the last one that was there, awesome track and would love to see a buick event there again.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Have u guys thought about any smaller venues in area where guys don't have to worry about getting their cars stolen?

Have u guys thought about any smaller venues in area where guys don't have to worry about getting their cars stolen?

In the Xtsm thread discussing where the BPG should move to Kilkare and Muncie were both brought up.