BPG GNX Show Results

gbsean

We had 6 legit GNX's
well actually 7 if you count Louis Infante's Spec model

then Brad Conleys prototype that was used to promote the GNX into production

then Rick Hunts X-Ray

so 9 total.

I will say this I thought there would be more...I do know that there were a lot more GNX owners in attendance than there were cars. Now this is just my opinion but for a once in a lifetime 25 year reunion I expected 20 Cars...now I understand the value of these cars but we The BPG provided great security. What I did hear was that the GNX owners did not want to add more miles to the odometer...and to be honest a few hundred miles will do no harm. Again just my opinion cars are meant to be driven...

GNX Reunion
Most Original - Anthony Davis - GNX #486
Best Paint - John & Michelle Norton - GNX #405
Lowest Mileage - Anthony Davis - GNX #486
Highest Mileage - John & Michelle Norton - GNX #405
Longest Driven - Bruce Cashley - GNX #418

Sean, I
I had talked to 2 other GNX owners at the show,who have not had there cars out in years.
Again great job on the reunion and yes I hoped to see maybe 30 or so lined up.

486 got highest and lowest mileage, did they roll the miles back halfway through the show ;)

While we are on the subjecto of typos, could you please correct my last name by changing it to Norton?

I was also hoping for more X's to be in attendance. Kirban will have to have another birthday party, that'll get the numbers up.

Thank you Sean for all the hard work that you and your team did to pull this off. The Jeg's suite was PACKED, and I for one enjoyed the event.

Thanks,
-john

While we are on the subjecto of typos, could you please correct my last name by changing it to Norton?

I was also hoping for more X's to be in attendance. Kirban will have to have another birthday party, that'll get the numbers up.

Thank you Sean for all the hard work that you and your team did to pull this off. The Jeg's suite was PACKED, and I for one enjoyed the event.

Thanks,
-john

fixed and thanks for coming

I just discovered this website today. I worked with the Marketing/Product Promotion Department at Buick Engineering in Flint, MI when this car was developed, and worked with most of the program supervisors. I recall the first GN was really a 1985 T-type mule, which later evolved to the GNX. Reggie Jackson tried to buy it at the SEMA show. I do remember Byron Scott, mentioned on another thread, but don't see any familiar names associated with the product development team. There were over 90 outside suppliers/vendors making specific parts for the GNX program. If you were down on Hamilton street at the time, please contact me. Lots of funny stories on here. Please tell me about Brad Connely's car that was used to promote the GNX. The reason I ask is that my department was in charge of promotion and show cars.
(Text changed to reflect my misread of the postings earlier today..)

I just discovered this website today. I worked with the Marketing/Product Promotion Department at Buick Engineering in Flint, MI when this car was developed, and worked with most of the program supervisors. I recall the first GNX was really a 1985 T-type mule. Reggie Jackson tried to buy it at the SEMA show. I do remember Byron Scott, mentioned on another thread, but don't see any familiar names associated with the product development team. There were over 90 outside suppliers/vendors making specific parts for the GNX program. If you were down on Hamilton street at the time, please contact me. Lots of funny stories on here. Please tell me about Brad Connely's car that was used to promote the GNX. The reason I ask is that my department was in charge of promotion and show cars.

here is a link Hemmings did http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/2008/05/01/hmn_feature15.html Bryan Scott was who he bought the car from. Brad is a personal friend of mine and I can contact him if you want anymore information.