bought a syclone. what now???

chrisscarab1988

I picked up a syclone with 45k miles, original everything for $3800. Thing is, I think its got a bad piston. Im actually waiting on my mechanic to take a look at it. I have not even tried to turn it over yet. More than likely I am doing a full engine rebuild. Thing has been sitting for 5 years on some old guy's driveway. Any tips out there as far as what mods I can do without going crazy?

No way, it's very easy to work the factory parts over for pennies, w/excellent results...

Anything's possible but given the fact that there's nothing special about the block/internals except for the nodular caps it doesn't hold well with some real power put to it. Just take a poll over on syty.net and take a look at why allot have gone the lsx route after various motors and ten of thousands spent

Anything's possible but given the fact that there's nothing special about the block/internals except for the nodular caps it doesn't hold well with some real power put to it. Just take a poll over on syty.net and take a look at why allot have gone the lsx route after various motors and ten of thousands spent

And where have we heard this before???

If you want a v8 just go buy uncle Leroy's Ol s10 down yonder and got u some big tires man

It's not a syclone or a grand national once the V6 is gone and much less valuable

If you want a v8 just go buy uncle Leroy's Ol s10 down yonder and got u some big tires man

It's not a syclone or a grand national once the V6 is gone and much less valuable

No truer words have ever been spoken.

be sure to buy a bunch of jack stands.... haha i have 4 typhoons and 1 syclone... they are like kids .. always needing money spent on them...

E85, a cheap 57-trim that works with the stock converter and the fuel system/tuning upgrades and I see a fun, fairly reliable truck to screw around in the snow with