Bop Nationals

BUICK528

Just want to remind everyone of the upcoming BOP Nationals !!

Sept 27-28-29, 2002

The GSE and TSM race class points series, will both conclude for the 2002 year, at this event.

Hotels are starting to fill up fast now. Make your reservations soon.

Bristol Dragway, Bristol Tennessee

www.bop-nationals.com
www.bristolmotorspeedway.com

BOP

Do I have to preregister to get the 3 day package price or can I wait until I get the the track and still get the same price. Thanks

LEEO, the 3 day price is good at the gate, or early registration. Doing it early, from the BOP website download, is always beneficial to me, timewise.

Shawn, I have another engagement on the 30th, so I can't make the picnic. Chug a few for me anyways. Nice website ya got by the way.

Jim

Re: BOP?

Originally posted by Lee Thompson
Did I read, or hear somewhere, that the track will have test and tune Thursday evening?

Heard the samething here. Not for sure. I hope so, as we will be there 1st thing Thursday morning.

The track usually has a Thursday night program called *Street Fights*. Check on the website for the weekly schedule to be sure.

www.bristolmotorspeedway.com

6,500 brochures and pre-registration folders are being mailed out starting tomorrow to anybody that was on my mailing list.

Jim

Jim,

Any thoughts on having a dyno there? I have info and they would probably be up for it even on short notice. They are always at my track and I know how some guys like to see "the real numbers". Info:

Dynotune Inc.
410-866-2900
Chris Brandenburg or Tim Brandenburg

I had not considered having a dyno there this year. Have them call me and we'll see if it can gell.

thanx, Jim

Jim--Since we are about a month out, any idea of BOP expected attendance of cars and vendors?

Better yet...what's the status on the dyno and the "significant secret" sponsorship you alluded to earlier Jim?

The SECRET deal is with SLP Engineering to be the Title Sponsor for the EFI Challenge class.
Rules are pending, but it looks like a bracket deal for one power adder, must be EFI powered, good payouts. may do a heads up. not sure. looking for a place to combine F body cars and turbo cars as a grudge deal.

Jim

oh....no dyno

Here's the SLP deal...

Okay, we have firmed up this exciting race.

here's the rules for the SLP EFI Street Challenge

1) DOT tires only.
2) 1 power adder ONLY, NOS okay, superchargers and turbochargers allowed.
3) FWD and RWD cars allowed.
4) Eliminations will be bracket style.
5) Extra payouts for fastest RWD and FWD cars in qualifying.
6) $500 to win, $250 runnerup.
8) Fastest RWD and FWD cars will get $100 each.
9) Door prizes from SLP for the winner and runnerup.
10) Trophy and cash payout to winner and runnerup.

This is aimed mainly at F body cars, but not exclusively, FWD and others may run as long as it's a BOP format.

Jim

Hello
Is there going to be a tech session at the holiday inn Sat night?
Thanks
Chris
slowGN

Since we race on Friday night and Saturday night for a little while anyways, we can't do both...

see ya's soon !!

Jim

Jim,

I've received two queries as to what time the qualifying and Elimination rounds for the Saturday night classes will begin. Will this be a "play it by ear" or is something preliminarily set as of now?