Boostmaster signing off !!!

boostmaster

Ok, first and foremost if I have ever done or said anything to personally or intentionally insult anyone directly in a derogatory fashion I apologize. Don't get it twisted this is not a concession ,as some might take it, but something that I feel I must do. Because deep down inside I am not that kind of person that disrespects other human beings. I wasn't raised that way.

I have been a member of this community almost since it's inception and have seen many changes over the years some for the good and some for the bad. Our numbers are dwindling as well as the number of pure Hot Air cars on the road and if anything it is this that I am most passionate about. It is my opinion that in due time and probably sooner than later at the rate of conversions and parting out there soon won't be a Hot Air forum worth coming to. Also if the only reason at all anyone even wants to venture to the hot air board is to find out conversion info "is that really adding anything to the community"? That has and always will be my beef about intercooled conversions.

But as it has become very clear to me that my thoughts are just that my thoughts and I am probably more of an antagonizer than a help to this community so with that said you have seen the last post from me in this forum until I have something new and useful to add about my own personal goals.

Good luck to all, Pete Smith out!!!!;)

pete, you will be missed. maybe not by all but from me. You have been here way to long but not long enough. I have a feeling in a few more years there will no longer be a hotair forum and if there is, there will be limited people posting in it. the hotair section has goten slower and slower and its just a matter of time. good luck with whatever you do down the road and if you need anything you know how to get ahold of me.

Pete- I will miss you as well. You tell it like it is. I do the same thing. I personally just do not give a damm what people think of me which means nobody is going to scare me away. Brad

don't think of it as a community, but rather a group of people that happen to have a car similar to yours.

Pete I am sorry to hear that you feel the need to quit posting. Yes I agree You will be missed by all the other Hot Air purists, myself included! After all it was your thread that finally got me to put up my first post after many years of lurking.
I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, after all there are some very intelligent people on this board. But the last time I checked this forum is titled Hot Air (non- intercooled) Tech. There does seem to be other forums titled General Turbo Buick Tech, Turbo v8 Conversions,etc. I do enjoy reading in all the different forums, so please don't take this the wrong way. But I think this forum is for the Hot Air enthusiast. Where do you draw the line, I'm not sure. After all there is the stock turbo location intercooled kits, chemical intercooling and then the 86-87 conversions.There has been a lot of great input in here from people that have converted, and I appreciate their knowledge.
I don't want to upset anyone but I do think the posts should be kept forum specific.However I really just want to see everyone just getting along .There is enough trouble in the world,without trivial bickering.
I hate to see another member quit posting. I'm also afraid of the Hot Air forum coming to a slow death.So yes Pete you will be truly missed, and maybe you will give it another chance before you throw in the towel.

Pete I am sorry to hear that you feel the need to quit posting. Yes I agree You will be missed by all the other Hot Air purists, myself included! After all it was your thread that finally got me to put up my first post after many years of lurking.
I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, after all there are some very intelligent people on this board. But the last time I checked this forum is titled Hot Air (non- intercooled) Tech. There does seem to be other forums titled General Turbo Buick Tech, Turbo v8 Conversions,etc. I do enjoy reading in all the different forums, so please don't take this the wrong way. But I think this forum is for the Hot Air enthusiast. Where do you draw the line, I'm not sure. After all there is the stock turbo location intercooled kits, chemical intercooling and then the 86-87 conversions.There has been a lot of great input in here from people that have converted, and I appreciate their knowledge.
I don't want to upset anyone but I do think the posts should be kept forum specific.However I really just want to see everyone just getting along .There is enough trouble in the world,without trivial bickering.
I hate to see another member quit posting. I'm also afraid of the Hot Air forum coming to a slow death.So yes Pete you will be truly missed, and maybe you will give it another chance before you throw in the towel.

Sorry for the double post. I think I finally figured out what I'm doing to cause this. Hopefully it wont happen again.

Get over it Pete. You've provided some great tech over the years and you need to keep doing it. You don't need to be rabid though. Everyone has their own idea of what they want their car to be and some of them want an easy answer, plain and simple. It's not the lazy ones that figure out how to make something work but the ones that are diehard. Providing info is one of the points of these forums and if the good tech guys go away it means that it just isn't worth it.

Does it pain me when someone want's to go SFI or IC? In a word, yes, but if that's what they want to do then there's nothing I can do to stop them. My 82 GN and 83 T are the lowest production cars out there and I'm still plugging away. Aj's (dr_frankenstien) given up on the turbo and is going Stage II with a blower.:mad: It's his choice though.:( I still think there's a lot more that the C/T cars can do and I'm trying to prove it just like some of the HA guys have proven that you can make it into the 10's.

You running out just shows that it's too hard to make it work so don't.:redface: If you stay then you can make this one o the best sections, even if there aren't that many members. Look how few one poster there are in the B4Black section after.:mad:

Guys, don't tear me a new one but it stinks that Pete is doing this and I've said my peace.

Pete, you will be missed!! I've learned a few things from your posts and tech as Charlie mentioned... I understand your feelings as well. Take care!!

BOOSTMASTER..... Dude take some time off and COME BACK. JERRYL and yourself are truly passionate about HOTAIR. However you are are truly entitled to your opinions. Leeo and Jamie (Brent and any one else I may have forgotten) have made major strides. HOTAIR tuners are a TRUE Tuners. Before you can tune a Intercooled GN, can just throw parts an it is forgiving. A HOTAIR is not.... EVERYTHING matters on a HOTAIR. Leeo and other can tune HOTAIR's to run numbers no one even thought about...

I know you are passionate about HOTAIRS.... Heck I think CHARLIEF1 is worst:cool:. I think CHARLIEF1 will get his 10 sec carb/turbo. There was a 11 sec carb/turbo around here... Of course it had NOS... It also has alky water and a Holley carb. If I recall it did have some Gale Banks parts. I only saw the hood up only once.

We all are Brothers in HOTAIR.... HELL we were the FIRST injected. Ken Duttweiler had a 85 K Stock GN running 12.80's in 1985. He was a regular in HOT ROD when they did carb/turbos. Gale Banks had some 500-600 carb(sing and dual) turbos.

Never give up your passion.... you will regret it.... Life is too short.... The forum will not be the same without... Just like if Georgia and Alabama stop playing each other in the SEC.....

Just my .02 ... hell after BP oil spill -.002:mad:

Pete, you'll be back. There's no way you can stay away for long!

I know I'm one of these conversion dudes, but first and foremost I'm a Buick turbo guy. I would never put a non-turbo Buick engine in one of these. Plus, there's a lot of tech that is the same between IC and HA. Heck, if it wasn't for the hot air cars, there would be no IC cars, right? And I'm much more comfortable with the old HA parts falling into the hands of enthusiasts who will put them to good use, and not have them sitting in junkyards.

I have the utmost respect for all of you guys who have, and still are, paying your dues with the hot air cars. It ain't easy sometimes, but what some of you have been able to achieve has been amazing!

So, here is my $0.02 in this “Hot Air (Non Intercooled) Tech.” section

To those who may belief differently; I actually LOVE HA conversions :cool: and don’t care what the conversion is because I am an enthusiast. There are some awesome conversions on this board.
Heck, I love Fords, Toyotas, Nissan’s, Honda’s, Subaru’s etc. ;)

At the end of the day, no one really cares about those converted cars except the owner who has the highest stake in the game.
Do some Agree/Disagree with the conversion? Yes and No.
Care about the conversion? No.

Having said that; It has always been “my” understanding is that this section is “Hot Air (Non Intercooled) Tech.”
Not sure what that means anymore and maybe it is my ignorance of the difference between HA and IC’d.
IMHO there is no true “Hot Air (Non Intercooled) Tech” value in posting regarding completed IC’d conversions, or “how to convert” in this section.
The owner may be proud, but that does not imply value to the “Hot Air (Non Intercooled) Tech.” section. (Key word being HA Tech)

Yes, debates have and will be going on looooooong after I am gone between the 6 or so HA owners that still choose to work on these cars, and others.
Make no mistake: Those who have chosen not to convert are fully capable of IC’d or other conversion and have a full understanding of the benefits.

So, if anyone thinks that Pete really cares about the value of YOUR car if you convert from HA to IC’d, LS1, Lexus, or anything else, you are sadly mistaken.
It’s about the principle, not the car.

To Pete:
I only have one thing to say: I understand.
Peace out.

when i got my 84 gn in april 2002 i was in colledge and finally got a kick ass car. the engine was shot and i can fix it. i went to parts stores and the counter people said "dont carry parts for those cars" i said "DOH" so i go to the dealer and they said discontinued parts. i look on the internet ebay, here, and craigslist not many parts for hotair cars. lots of parts for 86-87 cars. went to a oswalds shop in park ridge and he said dont know those hot air motors...... found all the parts places we know of today and not many at all hot air parts. so me and my friend that got out of wyotech he just got a 85 gn, said lets convert so we can get parts instead of looking for a long time to find parts. so we did and i have my car still and he sold his soon after the conversion to a place in christal lake. this was the problem i see with the hot air community not having parts to support these cars. i know all these places todaysay there is not a market for hot air parts and no money to be made on parts but thats why therer is alot of conversions beeing made, i am one of them. if there is parts for these cars i would convert back to the hot air setup in a hartbeat so i can keep my car original like the rest of the car is. i even was going to pay 1500 a seat to have them recovered before pui finally made the seat covers. i have a restored my 84 all by my self and in the process of a repaint.

all i know that there isnt parts for these hot air cars.

When I bought my 85 T, I bought it cause it was different. Putting Alky on a HOTAIR makes it Intercooled? Last time I checked Alky was a chemical intercooler. Guy's and girls, we need to squash this....:mad: Our forum WILL die. Yes cars are being converted to 86-87 setups. When LEEO was learning what works and what doesn't, he and Scott Porter were trying different thing. Scott Porter had a Refrigerator White 85 T Type. He and LEEO had the same setup. LEEO had the BEST of both worlds.

We are all Brothers in HOTAIR.... Brothers fight... Many of you have faught your own brothers for years.....:eek: Life is really SHORT. At first I was upset about people coverting cars..., but then I realized how many parts my T has from 86-87 cars... Not one of us can run the times (10 sec) with out some parts from Intercooled cars)

I hope we ALL can come together again.:biggrin:

come on pete. dont you leave us. your thoughts are valuable to many folks. even if some folks on here are a bit cranky. i read alot of posts and there are guys on here dont contribute much as far as helping the next guy out. they get on here a pick on others, i see many posts like that, some might think they are funny, some may not. not all folks are on the same page when it comes to the bottom line.
our gns are falling to smaller numbers, hot air and the inter cooler ones.
we are all still family.
so, again i ask you not to sighn off.

turbo cars period

B4 black dwindling/ hot air shrinking etc. With around 30,000 total produced how many are left period !! Already there has been more 5th gen camaros produced than total turbo buick production. Therefore , as we keep seeing these cars wrecked, totaled, stolen, and parted how many can possibly be left alive??? As cars dissappear so will the market to make parts. In my area I have yet to see another hotair on the road. Enjoy what we have is all I say!

I'm with Jerryl and boostmaster on this one. Sorry the forum is Hot air (nonintercooled) tech and there needs to be something said about that.

One of the main reasons people no longer post here is all the crap... I have said it once I'll say it a thousand times, if you have absolutely nothing positive to add or help someone, why are you here???

Okay you want to convert your hot air to an intercooled set up so do it already but realize we are here to support the non intercooled cars that want to stay that way. If you want to post in a positive effective matter so be it.

I think that a few posts have gotten completely out of hand and some people really need to grow up. I think it's truly sad that one purist gets so much negative feedback, when you have a complete jerk making off color remarks that add absolutely no value to this community getting positve support for doing so.

This used to be a place that offered help and advice, too bad it's getting away from that.

Pete I've always thought you were a great asset to the community and like you I find myself less and less inclined to be involved with the hot air tech area.

I'm with Jerryl and boostmaster on this one. Sorry the forum is Hot air (nonintercooled) tech and there needs to be something said about that.

One of the main reasons people no longer post here is all the crap... I have said it once I'll say it a thousand times, if you have absolutely nothing positive to add or help someone, why are you here???

Okay you want to convert your hot air to an intercooled set up so do it already but realize we are here to support the non intercooled cars that want to stay that way. If you want to post in a positive effective matter so be it.

I think that a few posts have gotten completely out of hand and some people really need to grow up. I think it's truly sad that one purist gets so much negative feedback, when you have a complete jerk making off color remarks that add absolutely no value to this community getting positve support for doing so.

This used to be a place that offered help and advice, too bad it's getting away from that.

Pete I've always thought you were a great asset to the community and like you I find myself less and less inclined to be involved with the hot air tech area.

Excellent advice above. I think now is the time to take it. All the best. Brad

Sorry if I offended anyone by going to the dark side... Just hope I could help anyone out with parts, or advice based on my extremely limited experience. If it matters at all, I've found most everyone to be gracious and helpful.

Uncledave, that is my point if you have something positive to post that may help someone with their project, hats off to you for doing so. It's just truly sad when someone has to take things personal instead of adding to the knowledge of this section. I get it we are not all ever going to agree, but if we did how boring would that be. All of our cars set up exactly the same???? That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying that we shouldn't have to agree but show some respect, keep you off color comments off the board and don't post them in the first place if you are just going to delete them.

Let's make this about helping one another out and trying to be a source of information, not somewhere where people get tore down. I don't think most people on here have every went that route and I quite frankly don't understand it when people do that.

Everyone has the right to make their car their vision, you may not agree with that but then it wasn't your vision to begin with. This is the hot air (nonintercooled) tech area and let's keep that in mind as well.