boost/vacuum refrence port

82 sc

im buying a new fuel delivery system and i need to know if i need a boost vacuum port

Not sure what you mean by "fuel delivery system". On my car, that includes everything from the tank to the injectors, including the ECU. But whatever, the fuel pressure must be matched to the manifold pressure, so yes, there needs to a connection from the manifold to the fuel pressure regulator.

i have an 82 and i am getting a new pump/reg/and filter. any 1 know a good reg at a decent price.

i found a accufab reg from poston but it says its only for a 84 t0 87 would that be able to fit on a 82 :confused:

Isn't your 82 carburated? The 84+ ones are only for fuel injected. I'm not sure on how much pressure those carbed engines use but I know autozone and such sells really cheap carb regulators. They are under $20. HTH.

The '82 was a "pull through" with the carb on the inlet to the turbo, I believe. It used a mechanical fuel pump, and had no fuel pressure regulator. But if it were mine, I would add one. They are cheaper for the carb, and somebody has one that is "pressure compensated". It works kind of like the one on the '84-'87 cars, but on the '82, it would only see the pressure under the carb- never boost. Makes them idle better, and maybe get a little better mileage, by lowering the fuel pressure at idle, and during coast.

The regulator with a vacuum connection was made by "Cagle". The jeep guys, and some other off roaders seem to get them somewhere, but I don't know where. They are not in Summit or Jegs.