Boost & DS

Bobtempest

Staff member
I thought I would bring it back up. When is Direct Scan going to be upgraded to sense Boost? Promises!!! We will pay a for a reasonable upgrade. I also use Turbo Link with it- Cool.

From what I understand, Direct Scan will never be upgraded again, I am under the impression that Mr Chu is out of the bussiness and pretty much sold the rights for making DS. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

I would like somebody to figure out how to get a boost sensing option along with an EGT probe hookup to monitor your EGT's in DS, now that would be sweet.

Information source ?

Originally posted by 1badTTA
From what I understand, Direct Scan will never be upgraded again, I am under the impression that Mr Chu is out of the bussiness and pretty much sold the rights for making DS. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Just curious... where did you get this information from?

Last I heard from Kent, is that he is very busy with his day job and at the moment has very little spare time to dedicate to anything else, but has not forgotten about DS.

Paul

I have always found that people make time to do things they really want to do. I like DS, but Ken has always been there with great tech and service for Turbo Link. So has Steve Yaklin with his Max Effort Chips. Kent must be real busy, he does not even have time to post or return an E- mail.

Re: Information source ?

Originally posted by Sleeper

Just curious... where did you get this information from?

Last I heard from Kent, is that he is very busy with his day job and at the moment has very little spare time to dedicate to anything else, but has not forgotten about DS.

Paul

This was on the other board.

FWIW

This is a response given by Kent to someone who had contacted him about the upgrade.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys. Got a response from Kent -

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Mike,
Thanks for the heads up.

I know that everyone is looking foward to the DS boost sensing option
- and I do sincerely apologize for not getting it out earlier. With
any luck, my Christmas vacation (from my day job) will be just that -
a vacation from my day job. What this means is that I should be able
to devote time to the DS upgrade.

Also, to rest any fears that I have "sold the DS rights" - no. I
still own DirectScan in every sense - from design and development
through to manufacturing.

Feel free to post the above e-mail to the TurboBuicks board.

Thanks,

---------------------------------------------------
Kent Chu mailto:kent.chu@ChuEngineering.com
Chu Engineering http://www.ChuEngineering.com
---------------------------------------------------

Paul

Well I guess it was just a rumor that I had read then, glad to hear that I was wrong to be honest.