Boost driven cutout

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFI Cutlass

I have this prototype boost driven cutout that I use in my TC (turbo Cutlass). Wanted to offer this part to the turbo Buick community and see what type of a response I can generate.

Here is what it does.

This cutout opens as boost builds allowing the turbo to spool faster and create more power due to the reduction of backpressure in the exhaust system. The result is like putting a higher performance turbo on your car at a fraction of the expense. The actuator progressively starts opening from 6psi of boost and is completely open at 16psi of boost. Actuator on the cutout can also be controlled and delayed in opening at a much higher boost pressure by a boost controller. Similar to controlling the boost on our turbos.

I am soon going to be controlling mine with an RJC boost controller.

This cutout is mounted by SS V-band clamp and you can weld-on V-band flange.

Made from aluminum, stainless steel, and high-temp bronze you get a light weight corrosion resistant product that will perform for years.

The valve has a 3" inside diameter and a 3.75" outside diameter. It is sold with one steel v-flange so it can be integrated into your current exhaust system.

If you race your vehicle and do not want to wait for an electric cutout to open or keep crawling underneath your car to take the cap off, here is the solution to your problems. Very quiet at cruising speeds and only opens under boost.

Now here's the catch.

In order for these cutouts to be available I will have to pre-sell 20 units so its worth my machinist time.

Price is $495 shipped. Remember I need to get 20 people committed to buy and pay right before we start the production run.

Here's a few pics.
IMG_0757.JPG
IMG_0758.JPG
IMG_0759.JPG
IMG_0760.JPG

Mounted on vehicle

IMG_0744.JPG
IMG_0745.JPG
IMG_0749.JPG
IMG_0750.JPG
IMG_0752.JPG

Haven't sold anything yet, simply wanted to find out if there is a market for this type of product.

Once I start selling I have no problem paying my dues.

As awesome as that is, I would think a 160.00 qtp electric cutout and an inexpensive hobbs switch would keep you under a deuce. It would not open progressively but, it would keep it closed off boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.