Boost Controller

My bad...he doesnt sell the MSBC-1 I thought it was the same as the BstC. I *think* Jack Cotton sells Innovative stuff.

Jason

FWIW

Jack does sell the Innovative unit not sure on price at this time tough :biggrin:

Thanks im still debating on msbc-1 or ams1000 that cal sells.they both sound impressive i guess it really comes down to price.

I bought the AMS 1000 from Cal. BAD ASS unit. My car wouldn't go down the track without it. I love the graphing feature and the actual controller screen is easy to get used to. There is none better. Pricey, yes but well worth it.

Personally if I was going to pick between them..... I would just spend the money and get the ams1000 espically on car like yours :) Il stick to a granger valve for my junk :eek: :D

I like cotton, but I must say the Innovative unit is a POS!

They have a new control unit that may help??

Mine sucks. :mad:

booost controller

turbo2nr said:
I like cotton, but I must say the Innovative unit is a POS!

They have a new control unit that may help??

Mine sucks. :mad:
every tryed it with co2

That won't help.

It's not the problem.

I have talked to guys that have tried that.

Innovative has accepted the fact that the control unit sucks, and they have a new one. But I'm not messing around with them anymore. :mad:

I tried almost everthing under the sun to get that thing to work right. Even Cotton has tried to come up with a solution.

I believe Sully is still having issues with this unit. He is using CO2.

Just my opinion, but go ahead and try one if you want. I can't stop ya.

Rosewood T-Type said:
Thanks im still debating on msbc-1 or ams1000 that cal sells.they both sound impressive i guess it really comes down to price.

If it comes down to price, the Innovative unit is much cheaper. If you want the one that works the best, the AMS is a much better unit. It will probably depend on how critical bost control is to your combination. I usually recommend the AMS for cars that are very traction limited (like Dusty's drag radial car). The Innovative unit should work ok on a big tire car or a lower hp car, where traction isn't an issue.
If you are running an XFI, I recommend wiring the AMS into the XFI. Also, the XFI can be updated to a diferent boost control strategy that has worked very well on a low 8 sec 6 banger