Boost controller comparison

aufond

I was running the one on the left, simple grainger valve.

I bought a gt3255 and the previous owner threw in an RJC boost controller.

I like the way my original one adjusted, is one really better than the other?

2ca8457463a375de7a151ba5eaf6f4de.jpg

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

They function the same. Only difference is yours is easier to adjust boost compared to the RJC. Let me know if you'd like to sell either of them :D

with your original, be very sure you tighten the locknut. If the bolt falls out you will have no wastegate function, and very high boost.

your original is a "home depot" version , RJC's is a "grainger valve". they function the same, but RJC's is made from a pressure relief valve that graingers sells. your old one is made from a brass "T" fitting like you would find at home depot or hardware store. (if you want to split hairs)

:)

Bob

That's mbc is 80's technology....
Do your self a favor and get a Hallman Boost Controller. U can get them on eBay for under $80 shipped for additiveperfomance.

Joe

Hallman is noted for future purchases, but if it works, it works?

ithe all just control the amount of boost going to the WG.

to tell me that the perrin is any different from that RJC is just Bullshit.
M92190877

perrin is bullshit buy a grainger valve it is the best

" ithe all just control the amount of boost going to the WG. "

NOT A TRUE STATEMENT

I built my own out of a 'T' fitting from the hardware store, a ball bearing, a spring, and an Allen head bolt with a nut. Has worked for 5 years now! Looks like the one on the left. I like the KISS method....

I use a grimm speed and it is about the most accurate I've used. 1/4 click = 1/4 psi of boost. 4 clicks = 1 psi boost. And it has a scale on the side so you know where you are.

only down side to the rjc is the adjustment procedure...otherwise it works great.

In the big picture the manual ones work. I have had many homemade ones as well as brand name ones. The ones with some sort of click is best that away you no where you are. And on the spring and ball ones there comes a point to where they get different results as the spring tension increases.

Will any of these make up the difference between a standard vs Performance wastegate? Also is there any fact to adding external springs to standard wastegate to obtain better control?

Will any of these make up the difference between a standard vs Performance wastegate? Also is there any fact to adding external springs to standard wastegate to obtain better control?

Hi, use the standard actuator , not the HD. Use a light preload and a light spring in the mbc.

Get your boost set to 12# with the standard actuator. Then hook up the Hallman manual boost controller and adjust boost upwards from there. Run one hose from the mbc to the turbo nipple and the other from mbc to the actuator. Do not use the T fitting.

Joe