Bolts...

XBreed

Ok so when I bought my car it was in peices. I thought that it would not be that hard to put it back together, only thing is that I don't know if I have all the bolts. The one I am interested in now are the front cover bolts and oil pan bolts. The local auto store said they would match them up for me but I need to know the thread type, under head measurement and if it has a washer built in or not. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Xbreed

RJC sells a ARP kit for the front cover. That's the way I went but if you don't want to spend the extra money try the vendors. Most have huge buckets of buick bolts and they know what there looking for. I can't tell you much about the front cover bolts but it uses about 3 or 4 different lengths.

For my last engine years ago, I was tired of having the long bolts on the cover corroding. They hold the water pump on and water has a tendancy to get in there and corode them to the cover. I got a hardend(sp) legnth of all thread and made studs for it. I never had a problem with it after that.