Bog City with new fuel pump

Gn-Krazzie

I just installed a Racetronix walbro pump
The the works great under "No-Load" in the driveway...in Neutral...revs like crazy...when i drive it i can give it any throttle or it "bogs" out. The old pump was the in tank stocker with Old school inline Porsche pusher pump...the inline pump went south and i lost my boost...so i went with the Racetronix Walbro pump.

I just finished installing thinking this was going to solve my boost problem......but hell no... it won't go :) . I haven't installed the hot wire kit yet but....it should be okay with the factory wiring for now. The old system (stocker) ran good on no boost....but now the with the new walbro it won't even pull like it did pre walbro.
Whats the scoop gents....and Pump gods ?? I followed the installation instruction correctly! Please help !!

Check fuel pressure line off, and then check line on under boost. for every 1psi of boost, pressure should rise 1psi of fuel. Depends on the chip burner but usually 42-45psi is recommended line-off fuel pressure. My guess is your problem is your pump overpowering the regulator and you bog. Could be clogged return line too.

I don't think that would be it.......it would bog all the time.....it dosn't bog with no-load. What else could it be ?

What kind of hose did you replace where the puller was? Hopefully High Pressure FI Hose double clamped.

Actually the old...porsche puller pump is still in line.....dead as nails....hmmm....i am thinking that may be my problem....i haven't had the time to change it out for hose yet.........i know its a restriction......and may be even more of pressure drop with the higher flowing Walbro.....thus causing the more than normal bog....The stocker didn't bog like the Walpro....so this would be logical......more flow...higher pressure drop through the "puller (dead) pump...more bog.....tomorrow night i will
pull it out .....and we should have Boost again. :eek:

Baby's Back..........Better than ever.....
Thanks Racetronix's:D .......what a restriction that Porsche Pump was .....i pulled it apart out of curiosity....its a roller pump! I thought either Gear or Vane. I was way wrong.

Kewl