body work

Donnel Childs

Hi I recently got into an accident in my 85 gn. I wanted to know if anyone knew where I could find a quarter panel and a fender both from driver side or were there any other cars I could pull parts from like the base regal or cutlass

IIRC, the fender and quarters are the same from '84 through '87. Can be a base Regal too.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Picture might help I've helped a friend for 30 years in a body shop and lots of time instead of cutting the car apart will put up on frame machine and pull the rear quarter and straighten instead of cutting the old one off side glass and rear window and interior has to be removed to replace quarter panel just a thought !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1402267233929.jpg
1402267233929.jpg
1402267233929.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1402267274999.jpg
    1402267274999.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 1402267357310.jpg
    1402267357310.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 112
The door and fender I would replace, the price of new parts would be cheaper then the amount of money required to repair damage also looks like door frame has damage so instead of reskinning the door I would opt for a new one or good used parts as far as the rear quarter goes there's no way I'd cut the car apart for that little of damage the quarter looks solid with no rust and believe me I've replace lots of quarters just because of rust in the midwest 90% of that would pull out requiring very little plastic.now if the insurance is paying I would let them pay replacement cost for a new quarter! but would repair it I think a good shop would not hesitate to fix it I dont even know if a GM replacement quarter could be found I sure wouldn't want to weld some cheap china after market certi fit panel the fit is not that great metal thinner prone to warpage and a lot of trimming. with fixing you don't have to worry about trunk and door alignment or black and side glass leakage.I've fixed some shoddy work over the years and wondered what the hell shops they were thinking

Alright thanks. . Yeah I was looking for the quarter panel and couldn't find anything but I was hoping it could be saved . I found a solid 85 regal so I'm going to use the doors and fender from that

Actually, you can save the rear panel.
The damaged area is accesible from the trunk.

The door and front fender is toast..

Actually, you can save the rear panel.
The damaged area is accesible from the trunk.

The door and front fender is toast..

that's what we have been talking about the whole thread (saving the quarter)