Body side mouldings (rub strips) measurement

GainesvilleGN

I've been laying out to put my side mouldings back on the GN today.
I took a lot of measurements before they were removed from the car for the first time.

One measurement I overlooked is the distance the front and rear sections are set back (or forward) from the front and rear of the door opening edges. For some reason 1/2 inch comes to mind, but at my age if I didn't write it down, it never happened. Anyone know for sure??

Shouldn't matter, but it's an '87.

Do a search on door moulding I have found the measurements on here when I put new moldings on my T,I do have them wrote down somewhere might take me a day to find them.

I went and measured

Gap from Front of door opening to Back of Fender piece: 3/4"
Gap from front of door opening to front of door piece 1.5"
The rear of the door piece is flush against the door edge guard
Gap from front of rear fender piece to rear door opening 1/2"

SO they're pretty big.

My moulding has been off for a repaint but I was the one who took it off and put it back on so I made sure it went back in the same place.

Okay greybuick...It helps to put the correct words into the search query. Thanks very much for the help. After reading all the posts there I've come to realize that most or all are different. Depends on what shift was on when the car was built it seems. Height measurements seem to be fairly consistent, but those are the ones I took the time to write down. I think I'll go with whatever looks best, if everyone's gonna be different anyway.
Thanks again for taking the time to go out and measure, I appreciate it.

This is what I ended up with.
1/2" to the rear, 5/8" to the front and centered the door strip. I don't have the edge guards back on yet. Still a long way to go. Some tires on Brian's (GBodyparts) wheels would be a nice start. I still have all the lower trim items to do, take the handles back off and shoot those etc, etc...been a long adventure, I started this about 2 1/2 years ago. The body went to bare metal, epoxy primer, 2K fill primer (blocked many times), paint is Dupont G9900S (Super Jet Black) 4 coats, then 4 coats of clear. I only have the left side really "finished" to my standards. Spent over 100 hours so far wet sanding (1500 on a 4" section of paint stick, then 2000) and buffing. I painted the car in individual pieces because of space limitations in my garage. Built a booth with heavy mil plastic, floor to ceiling, ventilation system, etc. Had parts wrapped in blankets in the back of all the closets in the house!
Car still had original paint, I waited as long as I could. Some of the checking on the roof just above the windshield was getting orange in the cracks. That was it for the original paint. Luckily the car was never hit, damaged or rusty. It had typical wavy sail panels, one pretty good door ding in the left door and the typical hood dents on both sides of the center line (some peoples children!) and that was it for body work. Now I see SpoolFool's fillers, c'mon man, I'm on a fixed income here! Oh well, I'll figure a way to tell the wife that I "NEED" to have them, I have 3 y/o OEM's on the front and somebody's 'glass ones on the rear that bind and twist up the tail light trim something nasty.

GN DEC 2012 011.JPGGN DEC 2012 014.JPGGN DEC 2012 017.JPGGN DEC 2012 024.JPG