body mounts ?

Darth LC2

Muscle Building
Hey UNGN feel free to chime in on this 1. I am in the process of doing the lower body mounts for the T. I need to know which body mounts are missing from factory. This may be self explanatory tho, so if it is then let me know. I just don't want any surprises when I get down under her. Also I bought the stiffest lowers gm sells for our cars. I think there are seven of these lower bushings that r missing. Any info will be appreciated. thanx.

Do it right the first time and just buy the poly bushing kit from Jack Cotton and ALL the bushings (even the GNX bushing) are included.
Conrad Carter

Hey alphaenvirmgt - you mentioned the poly kit, which I assume is the Energy suspension kit. How did the car ride after the install? Rough or was it noticibly tighter?

Thanks

I cannot tell any difference in the ride quality.
Conrad Carter

Sorry i am hijacking the thread, but i have question pertaining to the bushings, specifically the GNX bushing, which may help both you and I out. How does the GNX bushing get secured? There isn't a nut in secured in the body for it, do i need to weld a nut in so it doesn't spin, or does the bushing just sit in place with no nuts/bolts?

Thanks
Nathyn

The GNX bushing is sandwiched between the frame and the body. Once you get it in, it cannot come out. Installation requires you to lift the body off the frame! Nodification is NOT required.
Conrad Carter

Conrad - you said if I purchased the kit from Cotton's it even came with the GNX bushings.

Does that mean the GNX bushings made by Energy Suspension or is that the GM GNX bushing?

Thanks

Steve,
Good question! Answer is not so easy.

I had not driven my car in 15 years so I cannot remember how it rode "before". My guess would be that you would not notice the change in ride comfort and handling. If you are a serious autocrosser, you might have a "calibrated butt" that could detect the change. In any case, I would install the GNX bushing to tie the frame and body together better. If you car has 100,000 miles plus and has been "used and abused", I would strongly consider new bushings and since the poly bushings are less expensive than stock bushings, I would go with the poly bushings.

Conrad

Note: The GNX bushing is available by itself. If you buy the Energy Suspension body bushing kit, it contains the GNX bushings.

PS. The bushing are a pain to install as you must lift the body off the frame to install the upper half of the bushing. Not easy but doable. It would be a fairly easy 2 person job. I did it myself and it was frustrating.

PSS. Steve, AOL will not let me respond to your e-mail. I live in Albemarle about 45 minutes NE of Charlotte. E-mail your telephone number and I will call.

Steve,
Good question! Answer is not so easy.

I had not driven my car in 15 years so I cannot remember how it rode "before". My guess would be that you would not notice the change in ride comfort and handling. If you are a serious autocrosser, you might have a "calibrated butt" that could detect the change. In any case, I would install the GNX bushing to tie the frame and body together better. If you car has 100,000 miles plus and has been "used and abused", I would strongly consider new bushings and since the poly bushings are less expensive than stock bushings, I would go with the poly bushings.

Conrad

Note: The GNX bushing is available by itself. If you buy the Energy Suspension body bushing kit, it contains the GNX bushings.

PS. The bushing are a pain to install as you must lift the body off the frame to install the upper half of the bushing. Not easy but doable. It would be a fairly easy 2 person job. I did it myself and it was frustrating.

PSS. Steve, AOL will not let me respond to your e-mail. I live in Albemarle about 45 minutes NE of Charlotte. E-mail your telephone number and I will call.