Blow off valves

nitrousmike175

Im in the process of getting a BOV at this time one question i have is the air that is bleed off does it need to be directed back into the MAF pipe. BTW my car has an LT1 MAF and trans on it.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats where im gonna put mine-cause it was already metered by the maf-the computer is adjusting the fuel flow for it,if you dont it will probably run rich-matt

This is strictly a personal preference. I can tell you in the import world we vent blow off valves to the atmosphere, but many others return them back to the engine AFTER the MAF. I would follow the manufacturers recommendation.

I can tell you that when I replace my bypass valve with a blow off valve that I'll vent it to the atmosphere. I don't see a need to put it back into the engine unless it is so loud and annoying that I can't stand it.

Good Luck...

Anthony
95 Eagle Talon All Wheel Drive
13.93@96 w/stock turbo

Think about when the BOV will be working???

Only when you have quickly changed from boost to vac, i.e. when you have let off the throttle and have NO load on the engine. Then the valve is only open for 1-2 seconds IMO.

I installed my sneeze (BOV) unit back in 93 and didn't route it back in. Never a problem.
You can do it either way, just my 2 cents.

Gary

if i route mine back in the intake side it will be by the filter not between the maf and turbo cause with the big front mount i get alot of air coming back out and what happens is the maf reads its flowing air while your off the throttle and that itself can cause a rich problem.

for one the maf already reads more air going in than actually gets in the motor so if you send all that extra air back thru it again it only makes for twice the problem.

just picture the i/c and its plumbing as a storage tank if you fill it with 20+ # of air thats alot of air

Mine is vented to the atmosphere. No problems. Stays open maybe 1 second or so.:)