BLM is high at idle on power logger

stevek

It seems that my blm on power logger screen is up to 142 at idle, this is on the screen where you can change the parameters, it is the top square on right of the two the other one is INT at 128,fuel press is at 40lb with hose off at idle.When i get it to 1500 rpms it drops to 128, it use to be reading around133 at idle before. My vac reads -18 at idle, does this mean i have a air leak somewhere? let me know i appreciate the help thanks.

usually.

if you have no driveability issues, then there is no issue with leaving it that way.

other things that can cause the idle BLM to climb include unheated O2 sensors, contaminated O2 sensors, MAF with no screens.

Bob

Thanks for the reply I've had the screens out for a long time in maf , Im going to swap out o2 sensor with old one i have and see if that makes a difference , i swapped out o2s no difference, i did notice a drop in my o2 readings lately at wot, in 1st they they were around high 7s and now they at low 6s ending up in low 7s and it sounded like i hit rev limiter and in 2nd they use to start off in low 8s and now they start off in low 7s and end in mid 7s didn't get to 3rd. also i noticed when i turn key on my fuel pressure gauge would go right up to 40lb and stay just about there ,now it only goes up to about 25lbs till i start up then it holds at 40lb at idle. maybe pump crapping out?

Post some logs.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
I will try to post logs, trouble is that i have my apple laptop half used for apple stuff and other half is used for windows thru VMware for power logger I have a problem signing into buick fourm on windows side with power logger ill try thanks for help also

[ QUOTE="TurboBob, posthist: 3663218, member: 350"]Post some logs.
IMG_0191.JPG
this is how it looked before 1st pg
IMG_0192.JPG
also befor 2nd pg
IMG_0193.JPG
now it runs like this1st pg
IMG_0194.JPG
now it runs like this 2nd pg , also now i can't get my fp to go below 40lb but it di get up to above 70lb at wot,guage does bounce alittle bit at idle let me know what you think , if you need any more numbers let me know thanks

I will try to post logs, trouble is that i have my apple laptop half used for apple stuff and other half is used for windows thru VMware for power logger I have a problem signing into buick fourm on windows side with power logger ill try thanks for help also
IMG_0196.JPG
way it ran first
IMG_0197.JPG
way it is running now sorry forgot to post these thanks

I think your wideband O2 sensor is bad. Possibly your narrowband O2 also. Did you run any leaded race fuel in it?

I think your wideband O2 sensor is bad. Possibly your narrowband O2 also. Did you run any leaded race fuel in it?
both sensors are pretty old stock one and aem also,i did replace stock one with used one i had in box, did not change,do you think fuel pump is getting weak and not keeping up with volume,

No, its actually probably too rich due to the bad wideband sensor. I would change both O2 sensors and test again.

IMG_0211.JPG
put new o2 sensor in and took out for quick rid e and it all looks the same didn't see any changes. It was cooler out this morning but still BLM and AFR still high, my FP on gauge was at about 65 at wot thought it would be at least 70, I'll probable have to get sensor to monitor fp , little hard to keep eye on it while driving,no knock either with is good i guess.Let me know thanks
IMG_0210.JPG
IMG_0209.JPG
IMG_0208.JPG
IMG_0207.JPG

It's possible , but your wideband signal does not look normal. It's stuck in the mid 13's at WOT, even when you let of the gas, it doesn't move at all.

Yeah, the wideband unit looks like it has issues.....

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

i just took off fuel press reg, took apart all looks good no rips in diaphragm, just made smoker to look for look for leaks, if no leaks i have car jacked up to drain tank and check fuel pump, i bang on bottom of tank and sounds like maybe baffle or something loose in there, will check out next.